Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Selling my old one on craigslist, does this seem like a fair price or could I get more? It's in excellent shape with box, sync cable and power.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
seems to be the going rate here in austin. i wouldnt sell for anything less than $225
just like a zone of dro.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Selling my old one on craigslist, does this seem like a fair price or could I get more? It's in excellent shape with box, sync cable and power.

If it were still for sale it would retail for $550 brand new out of contract.

But granted it's used and the average user can initiate a contract for an iPhone 5 32Gb for $300, I'd say anything over $200 is fair.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
An unlocked 4S is going for around $450 on ebay (32GB).

Mine isn't unlocked. It also has a hairline crack on the screen when it fell out of a golf card, so I don't expect to get nearly that. I tried selling it a while ago before the damage and still only got $345 for it jailbroken and unlocked. I must be doing something wrong.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Mine isn't unlocked. It also has a hairline crack on the screen when it fell out of a golf card, so I don't expect to get nearly that. I tried selling it a while ago before the damage and still only got $345 for it jailbroken and unlocked. I must be doing something wrong.

It should go for a little more now than back then when you tried to sell it. The lowest point was around the beginning of October (right after iPhone 5 streeted). It's selling for $20 more now that the flurry of used 4S hitting the market has dried up a bit. I've purposely waited until this week to sell my 4S.

Authorized unlocked iPhones also go for a little more than Gevey-unlocked iPhones (about $25 more).

You'll also get higher prices through ebay than Craigslist due to the bidding war (especially if you sell internationally), although it becomes a wash after you factor in all the fees.

All these small factors contribute to factory/authorized unlocked 4S selling for ~$461 used (for 32GB as of today) on ebay.

zet-

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
Is it a GSM model? I listed my 32gb iphone 4 for $250 a few days ago and got plenty emails, but most thought it was GSM. Now that I changed the listing to say Verizon, I'm getting almost no inquiries D:

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
It should go for a little more now than back then when you tried to sell it. The lowest point was around the beginning of October (right after iPhone 5 streeted). It's selling for $20 more now that the flurry of used 4S hitting the market has dried up a bit. I've purposely waited until this week to sell my 4S.

Authorized unlocked iPhones also go for a little more than Gevey-unlocked iPhones (about $25 more).

You'll also get higher prices through ebay than Craigslist due to the bidding war (especially if you sell internationally), although it becomes a wash after you factor in all the fees.

All these small factors contribute to factory/authorized unlocked 4S selling for ~$461 used (for 32GB as of today) on ebay.

I don't sell internationally. Too many risks with getting scammed. I hope I get $300 or so, which will pay for my iPhone 5 fully, but since I dropped it I doubt I get that for it. I set the reserve for at least $200. I'm at $150 now with over a day left on the auction and the price usually just jumps in the last hour or so of bidding.

ilovegoodnugz

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I sold mine for $310 Saturday on ebay.

Sold mine on CL in NJ for $230, it was perfect with all original accessories still factory wrapped in original box and unlocked by ATT. Got a lot of hits for $250 but only one followthrough at $230 YMMV.

foam

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
I sold at 16GB for $250 2 days ago on Craigslist. Even had a knick in the corner and only came with the USB Cord/Charger

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I don't sell internationally. Too many risks with getting scammed. I hope I get $300 or so, which will pay for my iPhone 5 fully, but since I dropped it I doubt I get that for it. I set the reserve for at least $200. I'm at $150 now with over a day left on the auction and the price usually just jumps in the last hour or so of bidding.

Reserve price should really be about $50 below the average sold price. Otherwise, the bidding war will less intense as bidders know how to game the reserve price system.

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
Not sure how much but right now iPhone 4's 16GB are going for 200-250. I just sold my white 4S 16GB w/ applecare+ and a brand new screen protector and case for $350.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Is it a GSM model? I listed my 32gb iphone 4 for $250 a few days ago and got plenty emails, but most thought it was GSM. Now that I changed the listing to say Verizon, I'm getting almost no inquiries D:

Yes, it's GSM. I met a buyer last night. 250 cash. He offered 200 but I told him I just listed it and had 10 people interested already so he paid full price. Best part is no Ebay fees!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.