Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
They don't owe Apple a dime yet.

And let's try and avoid being racist. Shall we?

Korean is not a race its an ethnicity

And they are pesky, that's why I loved living there so much :)

----------

Oh please, no.
That would be the end.
The.
End.

It would be nice to have the CS6 i bought licensed for all my Macs instead of just two at a time....

I can dream can't I?

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I'd love to see what would happen if Samsung simply stopped supplying Apple with NAND flash memory and LCD screens.

Apple would make the best displays in the world and make the world's first super high-density flash chips. :D:D

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
Hey, Apple, suing isn't a business plan.

actually, yes it is. it's just part of good business today.

Just give it up Apple. You've gone to far. Spend the money on innovating. Not suing.

Samsung and apple are babies..

Wahhhhhhhhhh....

Samsung and Apple
Need to stop suing each-one
This is getting old.

...reductio ad absurdum...

wow. you just aren't getting it, are you? Under U.S. patent law, if you don't "actively" defend your patent, you lose it. Apple MUST file lawsuits against infringing products in order to hold on to their patents. It is their fiduciary responsibility to stockholders to vigorously defend their IP. To NOT file these lawsuits would be negligent.

That's the legal motivation. The financial motivation (aside from the obvious potential income from wins) is that these actions interfere with the competition's ability to gain market share. Lawsuits, injunctions, etc. slow down the competition and mean more money for Apple. And yes, it is their responsibility under the law to maximize shareholder profit. That is any corporation's goal. It's not personal, it's not "petty", it's not "childish" - it's BUSINESS. Believe me, Apple is not nearly so emotionally invested in these actions as many of you seem to think.

And I agree with others...I'd rather not read about the lawsuits here on MacR....it's rather boring.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Sigh...
Quite frankly I am getting tired of Apple and their incessant lawsuit nonsense.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Honestly I'm sick and f*^*ing tired of this. I really don't care anymore. Apple needs to concentrate on making their products the absolute best they can be. They're good now but can be a lot better. Forget about Samsung and their alleged copying. If your product is drop dead great and awesome, it's not going to make a bit of difference what Samsung does.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
It seems like whenever someone sues for patent infringement, most people here complain that it's frivolous without even knowing the specifics of the claim. If Samsung really does copy Apple, which they really have in the past (but I don't know about this case), it's a lose-lose for Apple. Either they don't sue and get copied, or they sue and enrage the anti-government people.

I'm confused about the "stylus" thing. Does this case relate to the usage of styluses (or stylos, whatever)? That would make no sense.

cmwade77

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2008
wow. you just aren't getting it, are you? Under U.S. patent law, if you don't "actively" defend your patent, you lose it. Apple MUST file lawsuits against infringing products in order to hold on to their patents. It is their fiduciary responsibility to stockholders to vigorously defend their IP. To NOT file these lawsuits would be negligent.

Ok, I do get that, but then the question is why aren't they suing Microsoft for the Slate? My wife saw a comercial for it and until they said it was a Microsoft product she thought it was the oddest commercial Apple had ever produced because she thought it was for the new iPad. And she is not a dummy when it comes to these things, if it can fool her, it could fool anyone.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Ok, I do get that, but then the question is why aren't they suing Microsoft for the Slate? My wife saw a comercial for it and until they said it was a Microsoft product she thought it was the oddest commercial Apple had ever produced because she thought it was for the new iPad. And she is not a dummy when it comes to these things, if it can fool her, it could fool anyone.

We know why. Up until (now) Microsoft tablets or phones pose little threat to Apple. Samsung devices do. But I know you know that already...

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
Cheap at any price for Samsung. They shamelessly copy Apple, right down to stores and store-in-store displays, these days.

Samsung had to copy Apple or they'd be on the ropes like Nokia and RIM.

The jury was way too lenient with Samsung last time. Hope Apple is getting better at making its case. They don't seem to have a Jony Ive of lawyers on staff.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Hey Apple: Suing is not a business plan.

Yours truly,
Wall Street

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
Again? Apple, just be done with it already. You already got more money than the US government plus the compensation given by Samsung in the last trial. When are you going to be done with it!?

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Oh My God.....

Just when I really didn't think Apple could get any worst.............

Apple Lawyers... WHATS THAT!

Random Guy... erm? it's a mirror?

Apple Lawyers... hmmm it has a flat glass front and rounded corners hmmm SUE THEM!!!! GET Koh on the line NOW!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.