Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Was on the same boat except held onto 3 for direct couple days comparison. Was so disappointed with the screen but even with that have been using the mini over the 3. Would go back to the 3 in awe of the display but I'm ultimately back on the mini every time.

I feel silly but fortunate this is the biggest "problem" I've had this week.

Mini it is!

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
If you don't like it bring it back, other people's opinions shouldn't matter.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I had an ipad 3. & sold it for the mini just for the fact that i would be able to take it everywhere with me and thats big for me. I was not able to play with it much because everyone in the apple store was hogging on to every mini. So I bought it, took it home. & was very disapointed. Not in the design. the design is great. But the display..... not so much. Im not too big in display quality. I mean it has to be at least decent to view and read. My first 2 concerns were performance and size, & the mini nails on both. But when you come from retina and go back its not the same. I am trying to love the mini which i do.......Until...:eek:.........I turn the screen on. & don't get me wrong. the screen on the mini is good. especially if you come from ipad 1 or 2. but idk if it just me.I wish i can go back in time and not sold my ipad 3. But too late. Now i am in this boat.......... I have until nov 18 to return the ipad mini. I want to get the Ipad 4 LTE but apple online says mid nov. I heard from a few places that supposely apple store would get the ipads LTE in stock on nov 16th. should i wait to exchange. or should i return and order the LTE online. the only issue with online is that since were almost there to mid nov. I dont want to order now & be part of the second batch. I might have a better chance to get it in store. What you guys think?

You're not alone but people will accuse you of whining here.

Anyway you should've played with it in the store before paying any money.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
No, because I held onto my iPad 3 to compare side by side and returned the mini.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
you have 2 choices. Have it for another 10 days or so and you will start to get used to the screen or you can just return right away and stick with the retina.

I have an Ipad 2 and don't know whey people who came from the 2 to mini is satisfying. Ipad 2 is bigger, better for video and web browsing. I used the 7' tablet before, it is easy to hold in my palm but everything is just too small that i ended up turn on my PC to surf the web again anyway.

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
Nope. No regrets here. See, I'm not a whining ****, and can appreciate a design, battery life, and quality over the obsession with higher resolution.

These threads are all pathetic.

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
I love the design, weight, and build quality of the iPad Mini without question but all of you saying you can barely tell the difference between the 1024x768 screen in the Mini and the retina display in the iPad 3/4 need to call an optometrist to make an appointment lol. Not only is there the huge difference in resolution but also the display quality. The color gamut is only 62% whereas the new iPhone 5 and iPad with retina are 100%.

To my eye the color gamut appears to be at least 71.62%, give or take 0.26% here or there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.