Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I really want to know EXACTLY what Apple is suing Samsung for with the sylus? If it's hardware, then it is suing Wacom Digital, and I suspect it's similar with the software side? But I have no idea how a flipping stylus copies Apple in anyway.

And as i said above, with the Nexus the are just suing Google in effect, the case should be totally thrown out as Google Jelly Bean, NOT Samsung.

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside
I wish Apple would pay a less attention to these lawsuits and more attention to component supply and resolving manufacturing issues. Maybe then they could release a product on time. Just saying.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
You're hilarious...your analogy about the CRT in the garbage has no intrinsic logic and doesn't really pertain to anything. Were talking about "Intellectual Property" something with a high dollar value, not trash. :rolleyes: Why people get so ticked about standard business practices is beyond comprehension. I'm curious as to why Apple suing Samsung is so upsetting to you. Be specific.

I actually think its become comical. Judging by your posts, you seem to be the angry one. You don't see me eyerolling, do you?

Anyways, I challenge you to provide just one single link that backs up your assertion that Apple "invent[ed] the technology to translate handwriting with a stylus into editable digital text." Just one link.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
I wish Apple would pay a less attention to these lawsuits and more attention to component supply and resolving manufacturing issues so they can release a product on time. Just saying.

Come on, they gave you a magical desktop that they tried to make you think was uber thin and not have a fat bottom, it has no DVD for your extra convenience and weight saving :)

I seriously won't be surprised if the new Mac Pro comes lacking any DVD drive, for it's $3000 and up price tag.. innovation at it's best.

----------

I actually think its become comical. Judging by your posts, you seem to be the angry one. You don't see me eyerolling, do you?

Anyways, I challenge you to provide just one single link that backs up your assertion that Apple "invent[ed] the technology to translate handwriting with a stylus into editable digital text." Just one link.

So would I, but I want to see the Invention AND the Patent for it.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Do you have any proof to back up your claim of Apple's patent for it's invention then? You cannot come into the argument, make such a bold comment, then fail to back it up with hard evidence.
And this is not a simple choice is it? What if I lived in America and wanted to buy the Note 10.1 but Apple had it banned whilst some bogus trial was going through? Not so easy to 'move on' then is it?

Unlike you, I am old enough to remember the "Newton". I remember at the time the tech to translate handwriting into digital text was a big deal. Apple was the only company at the time who could do this. If you expect me to look up patents online to make you happy. Well...think again. You are obviously young and petulant. You'll understand the world better when you grow up. ;)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Unlike you, I am old enough to remember the "Newton". I remember at the time the tech to translate handwriting into digital text was a big deal. Apple was the only company at the time who could do this. If you expect me to look up patents online to make you happy. Well...think again. You are obviously young and petulant. You'll understand the world better when you grow up. ;)

Good for you, I remember the Newton too and several other devices and when Apple nearly went bust..

But your comment is failing drastically at getting you out of the huge hole you've dug yourself into proclaiming Apple invented the editing feature.... NO PROOF NO FACT!

Please do not include statements in your arguments that you cannot, or refuse to back up, because they are blatantly false! Makes you look like a fool.

I love your rather pathetic assumption that A: I'm young, or B: age has ANYTHING to do with your comments that you are not capable of backing up with facts. As though, oh he was there man, he was there so what ever he say's MUST be totally true...

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004

You are a silly little boy. I am not going to waste my time looking up patents online to make you happy. Please.....I am certainly not angry, though as I have said in previous posts I am quite amused by your like. ;)

They don't owe Apple a dime yet.

And let's try and avoid being racist. Shall we?

Oh really? They don't? I guess $1B isn't worth a dime to you... Yeah I know they are probably appealing the verdict, but that is still what the court system has officially stated that samsung owes apple....

And secondly, how in the world was that guy being racist? How dare he identify the nationality of Samsung.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Good for you, I remember the Newton too and several other devices and when Apple nearly went bust..

But your comment is failing drastically at getting you out of the huge hole you've dug yourself into proclaiming Apple invented the editing feature.... NO PROOF NO FACT!

Please do not include statements in your arguments that you cannot, or refuse to back up, because they are blatantly false! Makes you look like a fool.

I love your rather pathetic assumption that A: I'm young, or B: age has ANYTHING to do with your comments that you are not capable of backing up with facts. As though, oh he was there man, he was there so what ever he say's MUST be totally true...

Okay...You have a nice day now. :)

Bruce Oksol

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2009
Texas
I love it. Apple is doing the right thing.

I love this. Apple is doing exactly the right thing.

----------

On another note: 10.9 --> Clouded Leopard.

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
hmmm....

According to Bloomberg, Cupertino, Calif. based Apple has lost a lawsuit against VirnetX in a Texas courtroom late this evening and has been ordered to pay $368.2 million in damages.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012

In other words you have nothing. And going by your comments, you seem to be the petulant one.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Really? Again?

Here is my tale on this. When good ole SJ said why are people using a stylus when we were born with the best one. Our finger.

Steve was thinking that MOST people would rather not use a stylus. But apple might be rethinking things because they are seeing that customers might want to use something like that. Apple is getting nervous about something they said is awful and wouldn't use them, they are getting scared that some of those devices are taking up market place and they are sweating. That's the only reason I could think of that they would bring it up

James

Exio

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
What exactly are they suing about with the stylus?

None of their products even use stylus'.

Pathetic, honestly.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
This whole thing just smacks of desperation on Apple's part.

Digging up an almost 20 year old patent relating to a stylus (if there is in fact such thing) just to sue the competition because they are implementing a stylus when none of the products you currently sell that compete with the "infringing" product use a stylus, nor were they copied in this regard, only shows that Apple is doing this out of spite and bad faith.

This lawsuit can in no way shape or form be taken as Apple protecting it's innovations and IP. Lots of smartphones before the iPhone was unveiled were using a stylus (Sony for example had a couple of models out) and we didn't see Apple sue anyone because of it.

The Newton was discontinued back in 1998, since then Apple has not released a touchscreen device with a stylus and actually rejected and scoffed at the idea when they released the iPhone. Other companies continued to release devices with a stylus after the iPhone was released and Apple didn't feel compelled to sue them.

But now, because the competition has gotten hot and Samsung and other competitors have become a "threat" to their iOS devices, then now they want to sue companies using this patent.

How convenient. That's just an attempt to stifle competition, not to protect your IP

Renzatic

Suspended
Yeah I'm really sick of patent wars..

This thread shows just about everyone is. Usually when one of these debates fire up, the first couple of pages are filled with Apple cheerleading and accusations of theft. This time? It's all about the exasperation.

By this point, I think it's obvious Apple is suing everyone not to protect their innovations, but to keep the competition at bay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.