Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
I have the iPlanner app on my iPhone5 that contains all my work shifts for 2013 in the form of a year planner. There is an option within the app to print out the year planner but im not sure how to do this.

What do I need to be able to print out this year planner from my iPhone? Do I just need my printer to be connected to my home network, or is there a way of connecting a cable from my iPhone to my printer?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
You need either a fully Airprint compatible printer ( I have the Epson 535W) which will seamlessly print form both iphine and iPad, or a workaround, as you say, connecting the printer to your network and printing from there. I can recommend the Epson, easy to set up, and no cables at all. It prints from all 3 Macs as well as my phone and iPad.

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
If you don't have an AirPrint printer like mentioned above, there is an app named Printopia that works really well too with any printer.

blaake

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2012
Florida
I have the iPlanner app on my iPhone5 that contains all my work shifts for 2013 in the form of a year planner. There is an option within the app to print out the year planner but im not sure how to do this.

What do I need to be able to print out this year planner from my iPhone? Do I just need my printer to be connected to my home network, or is there a way of connecting a cable from my iPhone to my printer?

You do not need a printer with "airprint" capabilities. Many companies that make wireless printers make apps you can download and print from them. Like Brother for example. It does not have any airprint or special functions, it is just a regular boring wireless printer. They have a free app in the app store and it lets me print web pages, pictures, pdfs, screen shots, etc.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Thanks for everyones help. Ive managed to send my yearplanner as a pdf email to myself, so I can print it out that way.

But I would like to set my printer up so I can use it with my iphone, so your answers are helpful.

rockgalmusic

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
app suggestions

hi there
calprint is a good one to organize and print various calenders from your iphone etc
i would suggest you do a search for it on the app store and try it out

Fritter60

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Need to print from iPad but can I do this without pc or mac? Current pc aged have not switched it on since I got my iPad 2 a year ago. Have wi-fi at home through BT router.Advice much appreciated

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
I installed the 'AirPrint for pc' mod on my pc. It makes any non wifi printer 'AirPrint' enabled. However, your PC has to be on for an idevice to see it.

noisycats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2010
The 'ham. Alabama.
Printer Pro was free a few weeks ago. Found my non-wireless printer (connected to my wife's iMac) immediately. No set up required and works like a charm.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
The good thing about the AirPrint for PC is that it works with the native AirPrint. No special apps required.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.