Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stukenbroeker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Oh ok, like returned when we quit/change positions like the iMac or as in returned after training? Also, for the part timers, is this just seasonal or is it for the long run. I need to know that ill have a job after the season is up.

Returned after training. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Also, to MrMack They emphasized the fact that we are fully responsible for the equipment we are entrusted with. In the event that we are terminated or quit, abruptly or planned, the equipment must be returned in respectable condition. We are liable for the care and condition of the equipment while it is in our possession. Regardless if you we're to drop off the map, I think they're going to come after you for their stuff!:D

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010

Also, to MrMack They emphasized the fact that we are fully responsible for the equipment we are entrusted with. In the event that we are terminated or quit, abruptly or planned, the equipment must be returned in respectable condition. We are liable for the care and condition of the equipment while it is in our possession. Regardless if you we're to drop off the map, I think they're going to come after you for their stuff!:D

Yeah to think Apple cant track their equipment at any time would get you in trouble lol

applelover4u

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2012
Can you explain more about that process? Also, how do they control the number / frequency of calls you receive?

I can not tell you anything like that specific sorry, I dont even know nor will you. And i would get in big trouble if I were to tell in a public forum if I did know

calvert6183

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2008

I wouldnt be surprised if some people would try to get away with keeping their stuff. People today never seem to shock me anymore.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
I can not tell you anything like that specific sorry, I dont even know nor will you. And i would get in big trouble if I were to tell in a public forum if I did know

Speaking from previous call center expierence,

Most call centers have phone numbers that are specific to a queue.

Depending on how many people are in queue, you will either be waiting for a while or covered up with calls.

melowsan

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
I'm in the 11/26 class. You can PM me for FaceTime and email info.

iOS will be dealing with mobile devices such as iPhone, iPod, iPad, while CPU will be computer based.

As far as the desk goes, in my paperwork session earlier we were actually encouraged not to purchase furniture until we start training. Deals can be had, and we'll have a better idea of what they want us to have after the first bit of the class.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for clarifying!
I would definitely wait till then:)

Conglats for people who will be in training soon:apple:

For people who are in waiting period, everyday I was checking emails,call logs and comments on this forum for multiple times, hoping to get this job. Meanwhile, I was going for interviews and posting resumes in case I did not make it. When I found the comment " No rejection email means good news", I felt bit better about the situation I was in.

Hang in there and you will hear the good news:)

Ritmo99

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
So that's two people now that have confirmed that 11/26 is CPU. So at this point I think I can somewhat safely assume that there are going to be multiple 11/26 classes OR someone may have been misinformed that 11/26 was iOS.

How did you find that out exactly? Did your recruiter tell you this specifically?

Did your recruiter verbally communicate with you that there are two different classes for this job: iOS and CPU? If so, can you provide more details about that? No one from Apple has communicated this to me, nor can I find any mention of this in any of the documentation, official offer or emails I have on file.

My TM told me

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
So that's two people now that have confirmed that 11/26 is CPU. So at this point I think I can somewhat safely assume that there are going to be multiple 11/26 classes OR someone may have been misinformed that 11/26 was iOS.

How did you find that out exactly? Did your recruiter tell you this specifically?

Did your recruiter verbally communicate with you that there are two different classes for this job: iOS and CPU? If so, can you provide more details about that? No one from Apple has communicated this to me, nor can I find any mention of this in any of the documentation, official offer or emails I have on file.

According to Apple Jobs,

There are several advisor groups.

1. Desktop/CPU
2. IOS
3. Enterprise/Server
4.iTunes

Alot for what class you are in depends on location and when you start.

thewriteway

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2012
Does anyone know what the 11/12 class is? I was originally slated for iOS 11/5, moved to 11/12 cpu, and now I'm hearing it's iOS again. Either is fine with me, I'm just thrilled to have this opportunity! Just curious is all...

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
Oh ok, like returned when we quit/change positions like the iMac or as in returned after training? Also, for the part timers, is this just seasonal or is it for the long run. I need to know that ill have a job after the season is up.

Per my paperwork its part time permanent position not temp.

----------

I am starting to suspect that there are multiple classes, at least for 11/26.

I don't know... But we will know for certain on the 26...

----------

I am starting to suspect that there are multiple classes, at least for 11/26.

I don't think there is more than one..

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
The reason why I suspect there is more than one is because yesterday two people in the 11/26 class claimed to have been told each were different classes. One person said they were in iOS and the other said CPU. So I think either there are multiple classes, classes combined into one, they were misinformed, they heard wrong or Apple is lying to them.

Right... But going back on previous post early on there was only one class.. I'm kinda leaning towards the majority and others could be mistaken.. but only time will tell

citykitty865

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2012
Does anyone know what the 11/12 class is? I was originally slated for iOS 11/5, moved to 11/12 cpu, and now I'm hearing it's iOS again. Either is fine with me, I'm just thrilled to have this opportunity! Just curious is all...

I am in the 11/12 class as well and I was originally scheduled for the 11/5 class and asked specifically if it was iOS or CPU and was told twice it was for CPU. However, they ended up pushing me to the 11/12 class once I got the 'official' offer but still told it was for CPU and was given my team manager's name which was also the 3rd person that I interviewed with.

My offer letter also contained the name of my TM but when I had the paperwork session, they listed two different people as the team managers and then I got an email from my TM yesterday introducing herself and giving other info. I emailed her and asked if the 11/12 class was still CPU and if I now had a different manager and she responded this morning that this class IS iOS and that she would be my direct 'team leader' and the other name I was given was a 'general team manager' that was one of her bosses. :confused:

So as far as I am aware, I guess they have changed some of us to different classes and with different managers but still have no idea what the reason is. Still just happy to be working for Apple, but wish they would have kept me in the CPU class. She did mention that if I was interested in pursuing CPU that I could do that at a later date.

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
I'd have to double check, but yes, pretty sure it's 5 weeks and not 6 weeks. Yes, it's full time during training, either Mon thru Fri or Tue thru Sat from 9am to 6pm.

I know how you feel about being nervous and the long wait. Sucks, but hang in there. If you made it to the point where they queue up a background check order, it isn't likely that they would pay for that if they weren't highly interested in you.

The background check process can be nuts. I strongly recommend following up with HireRight directly. Your file will be passed along thru many hands in their system. Call often for status updates, and ask them if there is anything you can do to help them. Always be nice to them regardless of how frustrated you may feel. Be specific with your follow up questions, such as is there any element within this process that is causing a delay? Or what element so far in this process is pending? Last part is to be ready to submit any documentation via email they ask for as quickly as possible. Also, be honest with their questions but don't give them any unnecessary information that can complicate or make the process more difficult than what it already is.

Congrats so far... I think you can relax a little bit. Where you are at in this stage is very good. But I know how you feel, it's not a done deal until you have an official offer. But still, you're doing just fine. You might be bumped to 12/3, but I am not qualified to say that. That assumption is based on reading what others have said during their timeline of events / statuses, etc.

Thanks! I definitely appreciate your input. I haven't called Hireright to check the status of my background check but maybe i'll do that today just so I can know a little more. I do know they have called my last job already so that's a good sign!

Ready to drink the kool-aid :apple:

----------

I was told i would be in the 11/26 class and asked twice they said iOS but who knows maybe that has changed.

Stukenbroeker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
I was told i would be in the 11/26 class and asked twice they said iOS but who knows maybe that has changed.

Well you and I OBVIOUSLY heard wrong!(sarcasm) I think we can rule out the option that those of us who were told iOS for 11/26 are mistaken. I would doubt myself as well if I didn't clearly hear the instruction to "return the iPod touch that is delivered with your imac". So I guess the only options left are multiple classes, or bad info from Apple. I suppose both are plausible.

Congrats to everyone still pushing!

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Well you and I OBVIOUSLY heard wrong!(sarcasm) I think we can rule out the option that those of us who were told iOS for 11/26 are mistaken. I would doubt myself as well if I didn't clearly hear the instruction to "return the iPod touch that is delivered with your imac". So I guess the only options left are multiple classes, or bad info from Apple. I suppose both are plausible.

Congrats to everyone still pushing!

Well I think your information is much more accurate that mine, seeing as you heard it in your paperwork session and such. :) Heck, what I was told was just one answer to a question in an interview, which of course was subject to change. My paperwork is tomorrow, and I expect to hear the same thing you did. Again, I am just thrilled to get the job, regardless. :)

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Both are busy and they are back to back calls. I mean some times you mean have some minutes between calls but expect back to back..

When u first take calls they will not be back to back because your getting groomed in

The time in between calls is based purely on call volume and the number of available agents. I've had 15 minutes in between calls early Sat. AM to 30 seconds in between calls during peak weekday hours. Makes no difference how new you are.

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
Thanks! I definitely appreciate your input. I haven't called Hireright to check the status of my background check but maybe i'll do that today just so I can know a little more. I do know they have called my last job already so that's a good sign!

Ready to drink the kool-aid :apple:

----------

Yay a "neighbor" haha

GrinnerG

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has used WOW as their phone provider? I'm not sure if they're VOIP based or digital.

It was specifically mentioned that the phone line cannot be an IP line but I m not sure on their technology? I know it comes in through the modem they provided but does that make it VOIP?

BTW - first post here and I start on 12/3 :apple::)

thaphatdiva

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has used WOW as their phone provider? I'm not sure if they're VOIP based or digital.

It was specifically mentioned that the phone line cannot be an IP line but I m not sure on their technology? I know it comes in through the modem they provided but does that make it VOIP?

Yay, another 12/3 person! Welcome!

----------

Just completed my paperwork call. I did not get the chance to ask whether the 12/3 would be iOS or CPU. But, training will be 9:00AM-6:00PM CST, Monday-Friday. We will be off (with pay) December 24th, 25th, 31st, and January 1st.

During my offer call, I was told that training would include 1 Saturday (December 8th), but this was not mentioned in the paperwork call.

thewriteway

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2012

Looks like it might be digital:

http://www.wowway.com/all-about-wow

http://www.wowway.com/Our-Products/Phone/calling-plans-features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.