Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Here is the picture. I would consider my hands average in size and I can reach horizontally across the entire phone and with a little stretch I can reach the status bar without too much effort. My bigger concern isn't how the phone fits in my hand rather in my clothing.

Yeah, that picture looks like you're just holding some random phone, doesn't look gigantic. Some people think of the Note II and picture the phone to look more like this when being held..

google-nexus-7-tablet-hands-on-640x353.jpg

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Pity I can not find this 64GB one either in switzerland or in france.
More than 3 years ago my 3GS already had 32 GB, I can not believe that we now hope for max 64 GB only, when available...
Same problem comes for S3 it seems to be quite Samsung specific!

dvrmstrng

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2006
More than 3 years ago my 3GS already had 32 GB, I can not believe that we now hope for max 64 GB only, when available...

what about a 16GB version and then 64GB expandable memory for somewhere around $35 USD?

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011

You do realise that you get 50gb of dropbox for 2 years and you fit a 64gb memory card in all. Dont tell me you could do that on your 3gs..

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
You do realise that you get 50gb of dropbox for 2 years and you fit a 64gb memory card in all. Dont tell me you could do that on your 3gs..

I dont have any usage of dropbox, i need local storage. How do you get your data with poor connectivity ?
Also i plan to buy a 64 GB card even 128 GB card when available so as to have at last decent local capacity...

----------

what about a 16GB version and then 64GB expandable memory for somewhere around $35 USD?

I obviously plan to buy a card...

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Just preordered my GN 2!!! I already picked up a 64GB SDXC for $49.99 plus tax, for once I'm really excited to get off the iPhone. I think I'll keep it for an iPod.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Wait. 50GB of dropbox comes with every note 2 purchase?

I think international versions do. US carriers remove this feature here. :(

----------

Just preordered my GN 2!!! I already picked up a 64GB SDXC for $49.99 plus tax, for once I'm really excited to get off the iPhone. I think I'll keep it for an iPod.

Picked up a 64gb card as well. Movies, music, and photos galore! :D

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011

Simples.

iPhone model: "Oooh, that 16GB model looks like a good price but... hold on... I don't think I need more than 16GB but what if I run out... I'll have to buy a new phone... so how much for 64GB.... eerk! but... as they say... buy cheap buy twice... it'll be worth it in the long run... Shopkeeper, do you take kidneys?" (Consequence: 16GB model priced to avoid 'sticker shock' - many customers easily upsold to 32GB or 64GB for a healthy premium).

Samsung model: "16GB... fine... if I run out then I can just buy a $30 SD card... yup. I'll take it!". (Consequence - minimal demand for 32 and 64GB models -> stores hold less stock -> made in smaller volumes -> even more expensive -> even less demand -> 32/64GB models like hen's teeth).

NB: in the UK, my Note II came with a big chunk of Dropbox space (45GB I think?) but only for 2 years.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
I am in the same exact boat as you

Note II- on contract- not sure if i want a phone that big- LTE
Nexus 4- from google- no contract- HSPA+

still very unsure.

Deciding between those two phone too.

Leaning towards note 2 because it looks like the nexus 4 has really bad battery life and limited to 16gb max.

----------

Simples.

Nexus model: "Oooh, that 16GB model looks like a good price but... hold on... I don't think I need more than 16GB but what if I run out... I'll have to buy a new phone... so how much for 64GB.... eerk! but... as they say... buy cheap buy twice... it'll be worth it in the long run... Shopkeeper, do you take kidneys?" (Consequence: 16GB model priced to avoid 'sticker shock' - many customers easily upsold to 32GB or 64GB for a healthy premium).

Samsung model: "16GB... fine... if I run out then I can just buy a $30 SD card... yup. I'll take it!". (Consequence - minimal demand for 32 and 64GB models -> stores hold less stock -> made in smaller volumes -> even more expensive -> even less demand -> 32/64GB models like hen's teeth).

Corrected

45commando

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Hey guys.

Just received my note 2 through the post today. Only had a quick play but I am very impressed so far. The screen is immense! Found myself squinting at my tiny iPhone screen when I was erasing all the content on my iphone4!

Anyway, I'm still getting used to this OS as I've been IOS for many years. I'll keep Y'all up to date once I get more hands on.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Hey guys.

Just received my note 2 through the post today. Only had a quick play but I am very impressed so far. The screen is immense! Found myself squinting at my tiny iPhone screen when I was erasing all the content on my iphone4!

Anyway, I'm still getting used to this OS as I've been IOS for many years. I'll keep Y'all up to date once I get more hands on.

Please do! And post pics and impressions. Next week I have to make a huge decision!

dvrmstrng

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2006
Hey guys.

Please post some pics of it in hand. Im in the same boat, ios user since around 2008 and have never used android. I think ill be at the AT&T store tomorrow morning for a new toy.

45commando

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Here is a photo of my note 2 in comparison with my iphone and my hand!

First impressions on size. Size is not an issue for me. Holding the note in my right hand I can touch all of the keyboard with my thumb.
It is so quick compared to my iphone. Watching HD movies on this screen is immense, the quality is mind blowing!
I think anyone moving from IOS to android on the Note 2 will not be dissapointed. I now see why apple have some catching up to do, how ever I still love all my othet apple products (macbook, ipad2, apple tv)

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 451

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Here is a photo of my note 2 in comparison with my iphone and my hand!

First impressions on size. Size is not an issue for me. Holding the note in my right hand I can touch all of the keyboard with my thumb.
It is so quick compared to my iphone. Watching HD movies on this screen is immense, the quality is mind blowing!
I think anyone moving from IOS to android on the Note 2 will not be dissapointed. I now see why apple have some catching up to do, how ever I still love all my othet apple products (macbook, ipad2, apple tv)

Nice! Curious to what your plan is for syncing music and video. What app are you using to do that from your Macbook? Presumably you are syncing your mail and contacts through Google.

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
So how is the phone fitting in your pockets?

I wear raw denim and the pockets aren't exactly large. Main thing I'm worried about is how comfortable it'll be in my pockets

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012

I wear raw denim and the pockets aren't exactly large. Main thing I'm worried about is how comfortable it'll be in my pockets

It doesnt fit well. The top inch or so sticks out of a normal pocket and forget sitting down with it in your pocket unless you are in sweats. I take my phone out of my pocket whenever I sit down though.

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
You can use iSyncr to sync with itunes.
I prefer to download music directly to my SD card so that all of my collection is available. For podcasts, I use an app called Pocket Cast. It updates with new episodes of podcast which you then can download or stream directly on the phone (great App).

So there are no issues with iTunes syncing.

45commando

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
It doesnt fit well. The top inch or so sticks out of a normal pocket and forget sitting down with it in your pocket unless you are in sweats. I take my phone out of my pocket whenever I sit down though.

I disagree. It fits well in my jeans or north face jacket. I notice it less than my iphone due to it weighing less.

Zach23

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010

I too wear raw denim. I'm about 1.5 years into my Naked and Famous (left hand twill) so they are pretty worn in. The note fits pretty well into my back pocket with only maybe a mm or two sticking out. I dont like front phone fades so I keep it in my back. Really enjoying it so far!

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012

Me too.
Wondering how it is walking around though, I'm okay with it sticking out just don't want it to be uncomfortable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.