Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which feature would you be the most excited for?

• Predictor

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Custom Notifications

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Location-Based Actions

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Dynamic Icons

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • Widgets

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • Siri API

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Offline Siri

• Quick Reply (Messaging)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • New UI

Votes: 240 55.3%
  • Something Else (Be sure to post what)

• Total voters

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I think whe will see big changes on the UI but nothing major will drop overnight.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
1. Much more clean design made by Jonny Ive

Isn't he an industrial designer and shouldn't software be done by software designers?

Changes in iOS 7? I gave up hope..... My next phone is something else.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
IOS7 needs more customization, its that simple. The average user does not need to use the extra features but the more advanced users really want more freedom and options to make our idevices unique to our likes/dislikes. I can handle itunes controlling all the syncing ect but please allow us some freedom in other areas. IOS7 has so much potential if Apple is brave enough to realize it.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
There are people who have great ideas, but can't see their full potential and there are people who have difficulty coming up with their own ideas, but know how to take someone else's to a whole new level.

iOS doesn't need major changes. The groundwork, for the most part, has already been set. My issue with it is that very little of it is fully realized or properly thought out.

I'd be content if iOS 7 simply streamlined, made everything fully work as promised (Maps, Siri, DnD), and gave us basic features that should have been implemented long ago- timestamps on messages, multiple user sign-in (a long overdue necessity for the iPad), quick toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, brightness, etc, multi-finger gestures, and various other options that have been asked for since the beginning.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Sorry but your wish list is pretty weak lol

I'm not sure how much cleaner you want iOS to get, compared to the cluttered mess that is Android this is as clean as it gets.

I still contend that the organized cleanliness of iOS plus the seamless integration... coupled with jailbreaking makes it the best Mobile OS by far....... Of course the caveat there being jailbreaking which is not exactly a baked in feature.

windowstomac

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2011
I agree that giving us too much UI customisation could result in iOS screens that look very non-Apple like, but I would like the chance to do a little more than change the wallpaper.

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Give us basic features that should have been implemented long ago- timestamps on messages, multiple user sign-in (a long overdue necessity for the iPad), quick toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, brightness, etc, multi-finger gestures, and various other options that have been asked for since the beginning.
This. and to expand upon the bold, I believe :apple: has a patent on face-recog log in? I'd love to see that, considering phones already exist which unlock via face-recog.

I'd like to see a "swipe text" feature. I've been begging for that for years now. Multi-finger gestures for app switching. I'm sure I'll think of more.

As an aside, I am personally pretty satisfied with iOS. I've been a user since the 3G dropped, and have had no complaints. It seems a little stale now, but so would cheeseburgers if thats all you ate.

Seiga

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
IOS7 needs more customization, its that simple. The average user does not need to use the extra features but the more advanced users really want more freedom and options to make our idevices unique to our likes/dislikes. I can handle itunes controlling all the syncing ect but please allow us some freedom in other areas. IOS7 has so much potential if Apple is brave enough to realize it.

Advanced users go android.

OZPINHEAD

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
Emerald City
Did this person Jony Ive just arrive from an immaculate conception. The way some of you people talk about this person you don't even know, you would be under the impression you believe him to be the messiah.

----------

Advanced users go android.

Now that's funny.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
- a complete GUI coz this grid system is getting old news now. something a bit more simple and getting back to the routes of Apple.

- new camera functions, multi-shot feature or similar

- a way to select multiple apps

- new multi-tasking UI

- new lock screen plus more lock options

- active icons

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
An airdrop feature would be awesome. And more siri improvements/features. And then the other 198 features are always my favorite. I always like finding/discovering all of the little things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.