Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

echo44

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
As stated above Steve had a policy that Apple's top admin were not
allowed to serve on other boards as it takes away the focus from Apple.
I have been a Mac Die hard fan since 1990, I am wondering for the first time
if Apple is loosing the magic? I think others are starting to feel that way look
at the stock action today. Another quote at Apple was "skate to where the puck is going to be not where it already is" Although I love my iPad mini, in reality
it really is a product where Apple is skating to the puck.

Reelknead1

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Ferrari's navigation systems have always sucked. I would say he could help them out by bring Apple Maps over but I'm not sure that would help much at all.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
Ferrari's navigation systems have always sucked. I would say he could help them out by bring Apple Maps over but I'm not sure that would help much at all.

I would think that navigation on a car like that is hardly a priority. If your sat nav is the thing you are worried about, then you have missed the point of a Ferrari.

goldenaustin

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
Anyone else find this a little odd: "says he has owned a Ferrari for five years." Five years just doesn't seem like a whole lot. Would've been more compelling if it were 10-20 years...but 5? Just makes the justification/qualification kinda weak. ...but of course, who am I to talk, as I will be driving home in my lowly Mazda later this evening.

tbarney

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
Must have been Eddy I saw at a local bar this past summer.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 135

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
As stated above Steve had a policy that Apple's top admin were not
allowed to serve on other boards as it takes away the focus from Apple.
I have been a Mac Die hard fan since 1990, I am wondering for the first time
if Apple is loosing the magic? I think others are starting to feel that way look
at the stock action today. Another quote at Apple was "skate to where the puck is going to be not where it already is" Although I love my iPad mini, in reality
it really is a product where Apple is skating to the puck.

But Steve was on the board of disney?

tbarney

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
Probably a stockbroker since it is registered in NY.

I'd bet not, this was in the Adirondacks, 200 miles from NYC. Saw the guy at the same place many times this past summer. Not a place where a stock broker would hang out if you know what I mean.

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
I thought Apple products didn't mysteriously catch on fire any more? There's no synergy to be had here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.