Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
So all the rumor sites can predict the products, shapes, features, announcement dates, colors, connector styles with dead-on accuracy. But no one can say when the Mini LTEs are gonna ship? Bloody hell, the wait is killing me!

in2tech

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
Although the Apple website says mid November on the orders I think Tim Cook said they would be available on Friday November 16th during the keynote speech. But if I am not mistaken when they announce a new LTE (cellular) type device they have to get FCC approval real quick because they don't want anyone to know before the event's because when they apply it becomes public knowledge. Please correct me someone if this info seems wrong.

I sure hope my arrives on November 16th! I guess it would also depend on when you ordered one. I ordered one the first day they were announced.

Come on iPad Mini LTE, get here :) I also went with Verizon because of the $5.00 difference in the lower data plan (250 MB ATT versus Verizon 2 GB). I have also heard you can create a hot spot with the mini iPad so could use the iPad 3 WiFi with the iPad Mini LTE!

Went to the Apple store and used a mini and it is so light weight!

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
iPad data plans are so bad, but would be nice to have for emergencies. I suppose the iPhone is good enough for emergencies, too.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
iPad data plans are so bad, but would be nice to have for emergencies. I suppose the iPhone is good enough for emergencies, too.

Cost peanuts here in the UK. £10 for 3gb, valid for three months. Easily lasts 3 months for browsing purposes, although streaming would use it all up rapidly. I don't care, I never stream anything, cloud is the enemy of high quality music and video - give me hd locally stored mkvs over crappy, flakey, streamed video every time - so basically it's £40 for a years browsing :)

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Cost peanuts here in the UK. £10 for 3gb, valid for three months. Easily lasts 3 months for browsing purposes, although streaming would use it all up rapidly. I don't care, I never stream anything, cloud is the enemy of high quality music and video - give me hd locally stored mkvs over crappy, flakey, streamed video every time - so basically it's £40 for a years browsing :)

I so hate you :)

America is a big country to supply wireless to. I guess that's why.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I so hate you :)

America is a big country to supply wireless to. I guess that's why.

Yeah, true. On the minus side we pay a higher price for virtually everything else though, if that makes you feel better :). It's called rip off Britain for a reason!

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
So all the rumor sites can predict the products, shapes, features, announcement dates, colors, connector styles with dead-on accuracy. But no one can say when the Mini LTEs are gonna ship? Bloody hell, the wait is killing me!

It's only like 2 or 3 weeks away. Is it really that huge of a deal to wait for something that isn't food, water, or shelter?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get mine as well... but at least they've announced it so we know it's coming.

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
It's only like 2 or 3 weeks away. Is it really that huge of a deal to wait for something that isn't food, water, or shelter?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get mine as well... but at least they've announced it so we know it's coming.

You're right.. That also makes me feel better that at least we know it's coming soon.. On the other side I hope & pray for that won't be more than 2-3 weeks away :)

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012

It's $10 a month to add it to my mobile share plan on AT&T. The plans are bad for those wanting to keep their unlimited plan on their iPhone.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011

I think the info is out there if people in the know want to find out, which is why everyone knew about these things you mentioned. iPad Mini Cellular Ship dates is just not a rumor that is in high demand.

that being said am with you! Apple may redefine what mid month means or "2 weeks"

Latest rumor based on other threads with people is avail the 16th ins stores and ships the 16th which means we would get it sometime Mon-Wed the next week hopefully

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Just had a look at my order status for the LTE ipad's and the ship dates have disappeared.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
When I first ordered the Mini (I couldnt make up my mind and cancelled it and reordered it a day later), it said ship date as Nov 23 and delivers on Nov 26. It now says just mid-November. At one point, I think I remember it saying late November.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
When I first ordered the Mini (I couldnt make up my mind and cancelled it and reordered it a day later), it said ship date as Nov 23 and delivers on Nov 26. It now says just mid-November. At one point, I think I remember it saying late November.

Yep, everybody's ship date says "Mid November".

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
Does anyone know if the new share plan from AT&T (which lets you add a tablet for $10/month) also allows you to add/drop that tablet at any time without additional fees?

I'd like an LTE model, but don't think I'd use the data all the time. I know the separate data plans are no-commitment, but it would be cheaper to be able to add it for $10 and then drop/re-add as needed.

TheSandman2236

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if the new share plan from AT&T (which lets you add a tablet for $10/month) also allows you to add/drop that tablet at any time without additional fees?

I'd like an LTE model, but don't think I'd use the data all the time. I know the separate data plans are no-commitment, but it would be cheaper to be able to add it for $10 and then drop/re-add as needed.

I'm curious about this as well.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
The little hidden charge that isn't advertised with that $10/month table fee is AT&T's "Activation Fee" which is $36/device.

I wasn't really happy when I added three iPads to our plan and found over $100 in AT&T "fees".

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I would be pretty shocked if they went up for sale the 16th in stores and shipped to those who pre-ordered that day (meaning pre-orders would arrive after they're available in store). Has Apple ever done that with any other device? Every launch I've been a part of the pre-orders arrive the day they go on sale in stores.

Also as far as the AT&T activation fee for adding to a mobile share plan, if you call Customer Service they will gladly waive it. It almost seems like more of a laziness tax for those who don't call in to complain about it.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Also as far as the AT&T activation fee for adding to a mobile share plan, if you call Customer Service they will gladly waive it. It almost seems like more of a laziness tax for those who don't call in to complain about it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I called and received $246 in credits from AT&T. Not only did they originally charge me $108 in activation fees, they had all charge me a ton of fees for switching to the "Mobile Share" plan. They waived them ALL!!

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
The little hidden charge that isn't advertised with that $10/month table fee is AT&T's "Activation Fee" which is $36/device.

I wasn't really happy when I added three iPads to our plan and found over $100 in AT&T "fees".

My question though is, would that fee be levied EVERY time I added/re-added my iPad? If that's even possible?

In other words, I don't want to pay $10 for months I don't plan on using it with LTE, but if I know I'll be needing it I'd like to be able to add it back on and then drop it from the plan again. That's what I'm trying to figure out. AT&T wasn't clear about this.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
I would be pretty shocked if they went up for sale the 16th in stores and shipped to those who pre-ordered that day (meaning pre-orders would arrive after they're available in store). Has Apple ever done that with any other device? Every launch I've been a part of the pre-orders arrive the day they go on sale in stores.

Could be wrong but i think ipad 2 launch was that way.

shadowarachh

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
i guess im lucky. i have a friend who test towers and he sent me an LTE sim. no $$ for me:)

just picked up an otterbox today as this little guy is gonna be my new carry everywhere toy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.