Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Does it have an HDMI cable? I can't really tell with that monitor. Everything is coming up Italian I think.

madworld1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
yes i'm italian ;).Anyway the monitor has hdmi and dvi,I want to use for the mac the dvi becouse i use the hdmi for the ps3.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Well in that case, I think you can get a dvi to Thunderbolt adapter or an HDMI splitter.

madworld1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I also thought the same solution(hdmi-dvi adapter),but i read some monitor can give problem of compatibility,can i buy the monitor without this concern?
And about the audio connection,can someone help me?

milkmandan

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
hi,I have 2 questions for you
1)I want to know if new mac mini has problem of compatibiliy with this montor http://www.asus.it/Display/LCD_Monitors/ML239H/
1)which cable i have to use to connect the mac mini to my subwoofer http://www.google.it/imgres?um=1&hl...w=166&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:88
You should have no problem using the macmini to display to that monitor.
The Asus monitor you linked has HDMI , D-Sub, DVI-D inputs. All you have to use is a HDMI to HDMI cable as the new mac mini cable has hdmi output.

As for your sub woofer: Just search and get a "3.5mm to RCA Audio Cable".

mbmobile

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2010
Italy
So, go for the Thunderbolt/DVI adapter for the monitor, it will work flawless.

For the sub, use a mini-jack to jack stereo cable, mini-jack is like the one yo use for your headsets, the jack is the red/white that go on your sub. You can easily find one in Mediaworld or Saturn in your city, it will not cost more than 10 Eur.

Negritude

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
I also thought the same solution(hdmi-dvi adapter),but i read some monitor can give problem of compatibility,can i buy the monitor without this concern?
And about the audio connection,can someone help me?

There are no compatibility problems between Mac Minis and LCD monitors, only misconfigured monitors. Make sure that the monitor is set to PC or Computer mode and/or that overscan is disabled when connecting via HDMI, and you'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.