Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I don't think they're working to a schedule any more, it will only come out once it's 100% finished - whatever day of the week that is.

They might keep perfecting it until November 30th, just because they can.

so probably just come out at a random day and time with no annoucement from apple saying.. we are releasing iTunes 11 today?

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
so probably just come out at a random day and time with no annoucement from apple saying.. we are releasing iTunes 11 today?

I think that is exactly what it's going to happen it will be announced the minute they just released it

tdsmth

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Wednesday the 14th makes the most sense to me. Seeing as Apple is off for Thanksgiving, from the 19th to the 23rd, I just can't see them taking off an entire week right before the launch (if it were to actually launch the last week of November). That strategy would just seem odd. My bet is that they're aiming for release sometime during the middle of next week, will have a couple days after the launch to see what, if any, issues arise, and then be able to go into the week-long break without a launch looming over their heads.

Last edited:

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Wednesday the 14th makes the most sense to me. Seeing as though Apple is off for Thanksgiving, from the 19th to the 23rd, I just can't see them taking off an entire week right before the week launch (if it were to actually launch the last of November). That strategy would just seem odd. My bet is that they're aiming for release sometime during the middle of next week, will have a couple days after the launch to see what, if any, issues arrive, and then be able to go into the week-long break without a launch looming over their heads.

wouldnt it make sense to release it this week so, if any issues arise, they have at least a week to sort them out?

tdsmth

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Possibly, yeah. Or even early next week. My overall point is that I just don't seeing them releasing it immediately AFTER a week off.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Possibly, yeah. Or even early next week. My overall point is that I just don't seeing them releasing it immediately AFTER a week off.

yeah I'm with you there, definitely don't think it will be the last week of november. Was hoping they'd release it today, but still nothing i see :(

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011

they easily could release it the week after apple goes on vacation.. work on it till the last minute they release it on the 28th and make sure things go smoothly from the 28th and on to december.

although i hope its before the holidays. i agree releasing next week would be a horrible idea as well because if there are bugs that need to be monitored and then apple goes on vacation :\ big no no!

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
they easily could release it the week after apple goes on vacation.. work on it till the last minute they release it on the 28th and make sure things go smoothly from the 28th and on to december.

although i hope its before the holidays. i agree releasing next week would be a horrible idea as well because if there are bugs that need to be monitored and then apple goes on vacation :\ big no no!

Everyone getting their hopes up they release iTunes 11 before thanksgiving week will lead to disappointment like people thinking apple was going to release iTunes at the end of October to meet the "coming in October" deadline

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
The iPhone 5 conference showing iTunes 11 looked like it was in really late stages, actually looked done to me. Check that for your fix.

The question now is, what has been holding them back? Bugs? The rumored streaming service?

----------

they better not change it to "coming in december" that is all

So by the end of October, they knew they were going to have to delay it which would make them look bad.

Don't you think if they needed more time they would have delayed it beyond November instead of delaying it twice?

foxs

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
They sure will release it sometime. If they would have released it with bugs you would be around here crying about bugs and why they released an unfinished version of the new iTunes.

What is way more important: Has anyone seen, that they finally improved the interface for transferring music to the iPhone/iPad/iPod or is it still the old unusable ****?

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
The question now is, what has been holding them back? Bugs? The rumored streaming service?

think its just bugs tbh. because the streaming service would be a massive feature, they would announce that at a media event, so its probably coming with the next version of iTunes, after this one.

----------

So by the end of October, they knew they were going to have to delay it which would make them look bad.

Don't you think if they needed more time they would have delayed it beyond November instead of delaying it twice?

Probably but then again, they thought it would have been ready by october, but waited til the last minute to delay it. fingers crossed it does come out in november and there is no more shoddy time management issues, that mean they push it back til December. Hopefully now the company shake up has settled down a little, it might get people back on focus.

I wish they'd just release it already. I'm starting to get pissed off with this 'new' Apple

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i dont think they need to delay it any further, there is going to be bugs anyway. all software has some bugs, no matter what it is. wont there also be a iTunes 11.0.1 eventually anyway to get rid of more bugs, add features, etc?

they could have released in october with iTunes 11 and than in November released 11.0.1 with whatever bugs did not get fixed. probably will be the case with 11 in November and 11.0.1 in December.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
i dont think they need to delay it any further, there is going to be bugs anyway. all software has some bugs, no matter what it is. wont there also be a iTunes 11.0.1 eventually anyway to get rid of more bugs, add features, etc?

they could have released in october with iTunes 11 and than in November released 11.0.1 with whatever bugs did not get fixed. probably will be the case with 11 in November and 11.0.1 in December.

i agree! why don't you email Tim Cook this?

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

I'd rather they release it without "known" bugs.

This forum would be in meltdown if they released an unfinished product.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I was worried about the release date until i realized Black Ops 2 is out next Tuesday. I doubt i even touch my Mac for a few weeks, so F it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.