Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
....16gb black, swapped it for a 32gb white! I missed the white border for reading. Loving the mini and apple even helped me set up the online return in the store.

I also realised I am going to sell my ipad 3 so wanted a larger hd for movies on holidays etc.

Who else is wishing they had another colour or getting a larger gb?

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I just picked up a 16gb slate model today. I would have loved a 32 or 64 gb model, but only got the 16 due to me returning my iPod Touch 5G.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
I just picked up a 16gb slate model today. I would have loved a 32 or 64 gb model, but only got the 16 due to me returning my iPod Touch 5G.

Returned my iPod Touch 5G and brought 64gb slate mini and couldn't be happier. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
....16gb black, swapped it for a 32gb white! I missed the white border for reading. Loving the mini and apple even helped me set up the online return in the store.

I also realised I am going to sell my ipad 3 so wanted a larger hd for movies on holidays etc.

I'm selling my iPad 3 but only moving to a 16gb iPad Mini. It is partially financial and partly that I think the iPad is too big for my main purpose; which is watching TV shows at the gym on the elliptical. I do some mild reading on it but mostly it's just web browsing. I don't seem to have the "fuzzy" issue that most people are having with the Mini when I read either. If it's too small for me to read on the iPhone 5/iPad 3's Retina Display, it's still too small to read on the "inferior" screen of the iPad Mini. I have to blow up the text either way to read it. It has nothing to do with clarity it's just that the font is too small.

Once I'm more financially stable I may get the next gen iPad with the thinner/lighter body for "power" use.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

I initially ordered black when preorder opened, (because we didn't get the option of white), on the 2nd I managed to pick up a white one in person and when I compared my black one to my white one, I agree with you, I find the white bezel better than the black one for most things, especially reading.

I haven't sent the black one back, someone else in the house fell in love with it and will be getting it for her birthday.

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I initially ordered black when preorder opened, (because we didn't get the option of white), on the 2nd I managed to pick up a white one in person and when I compared my black one to my white one, I agree with you, I find the white bezel better than the black one for most things, especially reading.

I haven't sent the black one back, someone else in the house fell in love with it and will be getting it for her birthday.

I initially ordered the white one at 8.01 and changed to black due to the delay in shipping, I am also I the UK.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I ordered a 32gb Black from the start. The white is pretty, I just prefer the black slate color better. I had considered exchanging and going with the LTE model but I would still choose the black if I did that.

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
Whats wrong with Touch 5G? i wanted to get one but i dont like my apps being letterboxed and it seems little too thin to hold.

Nothing was wrong with it just wanted a ipad in the 7in form factor because using my ipad3 gets heavy and plus I never took it out of the house.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Generally I'm quite pleased with my selection (base black model) though the LTE model has me thinking since I carry the mini all the time. I don't think I want to incur another monthly payment though.

I can live within the base storage but it would be nice to have more. I have the 32gb iPhone 5 so it holds more music and videos but its not a show stopper.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Same here I felt that 16 GB wasn't enough so I went back to the Apple store today and exchanged to a 32 GB White model. Other than that I love it so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.