Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has updated its Apple Store app [App Store] with support for Siri, and the ability to email Passbook enabled gift cards to friends via the app. However, despite being in the release notes, neither the gift card feature and Passbook support appear to be enabled yet.

IMG_2230.png
What's New in Version 2.4

- Buy new gift cards and email them to friends and family right from the app. These gift cards are easily integrated with the new Passbook app (U.S. only, iOS 6 required).

- Ask Siri to help you find prices and shop for Apple products. (Siri-enabled device required.)
Asking Siri things like "How much is the MacBook Pro?" routes users directly into the Apple Store app, generally to the section they've asked about. This adds to Siri's app-related abilities; on Monday it was reported that in iOS 6.1, Siri would support movie ticket purchases via Fandango.

The Apple Store app is available via the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Store App Updated With Siri and Gift Card Passbook Support (Theoretically)

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I wish it would just tell me how much something was, instead of bringing me into an App.

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand
I wonder who would actually bother to ask Siri for the price of an Apple product. Oh wait... that's maybe just because I know them all by heart :eek:

ironsienna

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2010
Me: Siri, tell me about the new black iPhone 5 aluminium paint coating...

... after 30 secs...

Siri: Humus. Compost. Pumice. Silt. Gravel.

Last edited:

noty

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Hmm, the Siri+Apple Store stuff seems half-baked. I don't have a Apple Store in my town so I'll probably never use the passbook gift card feature.

nickftw8686

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
siri sucks, used it on my 4s maybe a handful of times until i got tired of it, havent even bothered on my mini

legendzm

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
Wtf!!!

Ok hold the phone

how do you get the RSSI to display next to the carrier instead of fricken signal bars?!!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I want Siri intergration with the APP STORE.

I still wonder why this still isnt intergrated.

Starfox

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
I asked Siri about the MBP price yesterday and it took me to the app. I haven't updated today and the update is showing up for me so I have the older version. Can anyone else confirm this??

Joe Siegler

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Garland, TX
Asking Siri about the price of an Apple product is not new. That's been an option since iOS 6 has been out. It would take you to the right page in the Apple store too. This is before the app update today.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I don't get why Apple hasn't allowed apps to take Siri commands. It should be something like the Notification Center where apps can get their spot with your approval in places outside of the app. That is, Siri would work with the app when the app is not open.

Then, the guy who made MobileTerminal could add Siri support...

"Siri, sudo rm -rf /Applications/Game\ Center.app"
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Or, if you make a preset that does something like "ssh user@ip" and call it "SSH", you just say "Siri, SSH".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.