Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SevengerNC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Winston Salem, NC
After I save photos and then move them to a new album, I would like to delete them from Camera Roll, but when I do that it also deletes them from the new album.
I like to keep Camera Roll pretty clean and see no need to have the same photos twice.
Can the orig photos be deleted in Cam Roll sith no effect on the new album?
Thx

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
No, you already answered that yourself.

You have to import them I to your computer or something, then organize them and sync them back.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
After I save photos and then move them to a new album, I would like to delete them from Camera Roll, but when I do that it also deletes them from the new album.
I like to keep Camera Roll pretty clean and see no need to have the same photos twice.
Thx

I had same question in my head before too but I realized that's not possible. It doesn't "move" them to an new album, it just "create a shortcut" to an new album.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I never liked this at all because I want my photos well organized. The good thing is you can't add pics more then once to each album even if you tried to add it twice. So you don't need to be very careful when you decide to organize your albums...

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Thx

Same thing happened to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.