Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
siri sucks, used it on my 4s maybe a handful of times until i got tired of it, havent even bothered on my mini

Seems to work much better if you're connected to WiFi, at least it does for me. Not so great on the cellular network though.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I agree. I'm sure the API exists already, since they were just able to update the Apple Store app, but they are hiding it from the developers for now.

I don't really understand why we need to wait for a whole year for any real updates in iOS... in the 4.x era... 4.0 adds folders, multitasking etc. 4.1 has HDR camera, 4.2 with iPad support, find my iphone etc., 4.3 Airplay for third party apps, etc.

And since 5.0 the updates came much slower and there was a nearly half-year interval between 5.0 and 5.1 :( Now Forstall is gone... I hope that the updates are faster now.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Shame there isn't an ipad version of the Apple Store app... I asked Siri the question and it told me to install the app. Could at least (on the ipad) take you to the website.

billystlyes

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2004
- "Should I buy an iPad mini"
- Siri's reply: Let's go check out the Apple Store...
- Siri's reply: What no retina display? I would wait a couple months...

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
- "Should I buy an iPad mini"
- Siri's reply: Let's go check out the Apple Store...
- Siri's reply: What no retina display? I would wait a couple months...

"But....No, the screen is perfectly fine to me! It's as sharp as ****! Retina screen has no use, it's not sharper!"

Siri: "Face the truth. It doesn't have retina display. The color is not as accurate. But don't worry. Let's go check out the Apple Store 6 months later. I have made a reminder on 7 May, 2013 for you."

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
Siri scans your financials and replies.."I'm sorry, you cannot afford a Mac Book Pro. How about an iPod Nano?"

elie195

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2009
Siri has been able to respond to prices about Apple products since iOS 6. I remember when the 15" rMBP came out I asked "How much is the new MacBook Pro?" and it opened the Apple Store app. Not sure why they're advertising this as a new feature..

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
That's just sad, now isn't it?

Not really. In fact I think it's sad you wasted your time just to say **** to someone on the Internet.

----------

Shame there isn't an ipad version of the Apple Store app... I asked Siri the question and it told me to install the app. Could at least (on the ipad) take you to the website.

You can install the app. It just runs in that compatibility mode thing.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
So instead of updating iOS to make it more functional, apple decides to update so you can buy more apple products. Awesome.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Who would Ask Siri for any thing. Why would you buy full price iTunes vouchers from the Apple Store when you can buy discounted vouchers from others?

Convenience.

Why would you buy a $7.50 beer at a football game, when you can go to the grocery store and get one for 50 cents?

rtdunham

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
St. Petersburg, FL, Northern KY
May i drag this conversation back to Passbook for a moment?

(EDIT: earlier question resolved, so deleted)

What's the Passbook splash screen supposed to look like? the only place i can "go" from the screen Passbook opens on is to the App Store. Is that how it's supposed to work--you're taken to a screen showing you (and giving access to open) the apps you've acquired within passbook, AND all the other apps you COULD elect to buy? It hardly seems right. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong. :)

Last edited:

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Am I the only one that thinks these features should have been included WHEN PASSBOOK was released instead of months later? I mean really, Apple, you cannot even have your own apps updated for the iPhone 5 at the time or release or support your own feautres with your own apps until well after release. Hey here is a great new app, you can't use it for anything yet, and even our stuff doesn't work with it, but look at the pretty icon and its free...That is just pathetic IMHO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.