Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Lumia 920 will you buy?

• Black

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • White

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Red

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Cyan

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
I'm looking to buy a 920 myself, and I am unsure of what color to get. I'm torn between white, yellow, and cyan!

Anyway, what color will you guys be getting?

Renzatic

Suspended
If it doesn't come in champagne fuscia offbeige gamboge, I refuse to buy it.
arms.gif

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
If I were picking up this phone, I'd go black. Any tile color would match the black. Next would be white.

Bkasm

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
This is my dilemma right now. I'm thinking black. Yeah, definitely black. Well, maybe Cyan. Nope, black. Oh god :confused:

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
If I were buying I would go black first and then the grey which isn't coming to the US I don't think.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
I'm not a big fan of black, I think it just looks bland. I'm leaning towards white for now. Cyan/Yellow are kind of "out there"

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
I really like the white, and the red color has grown on me...that said, those two are both too glossy, which I've heard makes them (a) fingerprint magnets and (b) kinda slippery.

So I chose the cyan, as I loved that color on the earlier 900 and it is a matte finish.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
I really like the white, and the red color has grown on me...that said, those two are both too glossy, which I've heard makes them (a) fingerprint magnets and (b) kinda slippery.

So I chose the cyan, as I loved that color on the earlier 900 and it is a matte finish.

Oh, right...I forgot about the glossy backs. Cyan or possibly Black, then. White looks great though. Too bad...

beyondthepale35

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Im still torn, I really want the white to keep the color neutral but I just havent played around with a glossy one to see if Id like it or not. If nothing else Ill just take the cyan, just no more black phones for me.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Im still torn, I really want the white to keep the color neutral but I just havent played around with a glossy one to see if Id like it or not. If nothing else Ill just take the cyan, just no more black phones for me.

When I went to the AT&T store, they hadn't got Cyan in yet, so I had to choose between Red and White. The Red is quite striking, but I could see it becoming annoying over time. So I got the white, and I find it very elegant. If you go gloss, I highly recommend the white.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
This thing is a brick, way heavier than i expected. Tried one at best buy yesterday. Black definitely looks the best though.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Had black, returned for cyan. But would have loved yellow.

----------

How is everyone liking their Lumia's? Australia still has another week to wait before the Nokia Lumia 920 is officially released... not cool!

It hasn't been without headache. I suggest you check out wpcentral forums. There is PLENTY to read there about the pros and cons of the device. personally, I think it was rushed to market. More problems than I have experienced with any device to date. But it shines enough in other areas that I am not willing to toss it aside (yet).

beyondthepale35

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Yeah, theres definitely a few little bugs here and there that need to be worked out, but overall I love the phone itself and its a huge step up from WP7. Im willing to give it some time to grow, WP8 has great potential and it does everything I need it to do for now. That and it is one sexy device...

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
*UPDATE*
My original white 920 had a headphone jack defect, so I returned it and got the Cyan. While I stand by my above post involving the red and white colors, the Cyan looks (and feels) the best imo.

For those shopping around with macs at home, beware issues with the mac wp8 syncing app. Mine was fine with my white 920, but now crashes on startup with my Cyan. Should be fixed soon, but it is something to consider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.