Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Sprint is pathetic data wise. I'm tempted to add another line to my AT&T account since I can get 5GB LTE for $38 vs 3GB for 30. I'm not sure I can deal with this for another year until T-mobile offers LTE.

Akuratyde

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
GOOD. We live in a heavily populated metropolitan area in Southern California and we have no signal in our apartment building. Literally 0 bars. Absolutely unacceptable.

Chevelle

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
They won't do ****. I can't even make or receive calls in my apartment. I'd say 75% of calls are dropped and 95% of people on the other line complain of not being able to hear me. It's almost 2013 it's pissing me off.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Until the major providers start supporting built in VOIP hardware support , I refuse to get a phone. Yes, I use my iPod touch with a mifi device for VOIP. Yes, I do save a ton of money. :)

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Yay. I just got an iPhone 5. It tells me I'm on 4G (two or three bars max). My AT&T download speed is a whopping 1.5 mbps. :rolleyes: So I'll be happy with better coverage.

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
glad to be back on AT&T as of tomorrow. went through terrible issues with Sprint for a month, including falling off the face of the earth in terms of coverage during Hurricane Sandy here on the Jersey Shore. never again Sprint, never again!

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Come on T-mobile...

I live in the Phoenix area and can't wait for my AT&T contract to end so I can stroll on over to T-mobile.

It's also kind of crazy to see where T-mobile now has 4G coverage, and realize that they're updating the sites where I used to live! Maybe I should leave phoenix and then move back once 4G is here.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
AT&T has been saying this for years, every year. And their coverage still sucks.

Depends where you live.
AT&T has LTE (Yes lte, not HSPA+) in pretty much all of Florida. It's quite impressive. Almost like 2G in terms of coverage

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Until the major providers start supporting built in VOIP hardware support , I refuse to get a phone. Yes, I use my iPod touch with a mifi device for VOIP. Yes, I do save a ton of money. :)

Whatever works. I'll tell you having to carry around a mifi would drive me absolutely bonkers. I'd honestly rather just have a pay as you go phone couple with my fios phone for home use (which was actual technically free as I'd be paying the same for net, tv, and phone as I would be without the phone)

NewsPJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I called AT&T to complain about the unreliable service in my apartment. Even though I normally get three bars of LTE in my building, I routinely get sudden voicemails with no missed call. Unfortunately this causes me to miss work opportunities. I suggested they send me a microcell and with a little prodding I got a free one shipped to me by 2nd day air. After about a week with the thing it appears to be working as advertised. I get 5 bars on both floors of my apartment and above average call quality on my iPhone 5. I was really close to switching to Verizon, but I've been appeased for now. If they had made me pay for the thing I would have switched that day.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Yay. I just got an iPhone 5. It tells me I'm on 4G (two or three bars max). My AT&T download speed is a whopping 1.5 mbps. :rolleyes: So I'll be happy with better coverage.

Not sure of you're aware, but if it says 4g that just means hspa+. Lte will literally say lte. 1.5 down isn't horrible, depending on the area. That's about the best I could get anywhere on verizon 3g

Smallworld69

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
You didnt buy unthrottled data and you get unlimited. Whats the complaint?
un·lim·it·ed**
/ˌənˈlimitid/
Adjective
Not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.
(of a company) Not limited.
Synonyms
boundless - unbounded - limitless - infinite
Guess the definition of a word means nothing anymore?

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
Here's to ATT bringing back true unlimited, unthrottled data to us loyal customers with grandfathered plans

Modern corporations don't care about brand loyalty. You're only worth something when you're someone new and you're leaving a competitor. The amounts of money corporations spend on marketing their products verses what they spend on making their products and research and development on improving their products is proof enough.

Consider the deals many television/internet/phone providers give new subscribers verses what they give existing customers who have remained.

AT&T doesn't want you grandfathered customers anymore. They've done what they can to reduce your usage of the unlimited plans without getting themselves pulled into court or creating a PR nightmare. They use every trick they can to get you to give it up. When a new iPhone or iPad comes out there's always several people who talk about how they were not able to keep their unlimited plan without holding to their position and appealing several levels up the management chain, when many more undoubtedly just accept the loss of their plans as a fact of life and don't question it.

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
Too little, too late in my opinion... still catching up to Verizon, all.

But that's not true really. Its never too late to improve your business, so I'm glad to see it happen. Step on the gas guys... 5G is on the way!!

Smallworld69

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Actually they have already been pulled in to court by a few customers and lost the case. But because AT&T's TOS won't allow the customers to file a class action suit, each and every customer would have to file a separate suit. Which, if that happened, may convince AT&T to stop throttling its unlimited users...

Last edited:

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Yes makes sense they are doing something positive for all the money we pay.

We need the government to step in and stop the price gouging

Unless you have an obamaphone how is pricing their concern? You need to google 'price gouging' because you clearly havent a clue to its definition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.