Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sineplex

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2010
the screen on the ipad mini is far from rubbish, i don't know what you people are smoking. it's not super hi resolution but its the best in its class since only 12 months ago.

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
I'm sure even a bodybuilder will find it uncomfortable to hold after a long while

I used to body build until i starting doing cross fit, and i agree the ipad 4 is annoying to hold around for too long. returned it and kept my mini, but then again i guess the mini fits my needs more and thats all i can really ask for. i needed something ultra portable and the mini is great!

all these threads about bashing the mini or saying its the best tablet on earth are getting ridiculous. people have different needs and the mini fits some peoples needs while the ipad 4 fits others. i dont understand why thats so hard to understand.

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
I just think its way overpriced.

I don't really need a 7" but I just want to experiment with it as see how the form factor works out. However, due to the pricing, I'm going with a Nexus 7 for now and when the Mini goes to retina, I might trade up for that.

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
ipad mini is a great size, not everyone cares about PPI infact, why would anyone buy a surface if they did as it has a lower PPI than the mini.

people buy airs instead of retina pro's and but 21.5" mac apposed to 27".

a few reasons. might be they are lighter, smaller but still perfectly capable devices.

yes the difference is noticeable between the ipad 4 and the mini but really if thats something you worry about then get yourself a life.

i personally bought a mini and sold off a macbook to fund it. yes they are different devices but the mini is perfect for my needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.