Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMichael!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
While I was on my IP5 i noticed the Phone got extremely hot and It never did this before.

Can I take it into my Apple Store and get another 32GB and see if i can get a black one?

And i have AppleCare on it. But not Plus.

I made a mistake choosing White...

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I've gotten this extremely hot symptom on all iterations of the iPhone since 2007, but it doesn't happen very often. Unless it gets hot repeatedly, it's normal.

qwerty12601

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2012
While I was on my IP5 i noticed the Phone got extremely hot and It never did this before.

Can I take it into my Apple Store and get another 32GB and see if i can get a black one?

Sounds like you're trying to trade it in because you don't like the color, and are making up the heat issue. Just be an adult and figure out a legitimate way to swap for a black one.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
My 4S gets quite warm when:

Charging
Facetime calling
Playing heavy games/apps

After I'm done, it cools down pretty quick. But it does get warm. Nothing to worry about though, unless your phone is constantly running hot.

Computers get warm with use. The iPhone is a handheld computer.

Like someone else said, it seems like you dont like your COLOR choice.

iMichael!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Sounds like you're trying to trade it in because you don't like the color, and are making up the heat issue. Just be an adult and figure out a legitimate way to swap for a black one.

Sounds like you need be an adult and stop bashing on me.

It really did get hot.

I'm just ASKING if i NEEDED a new one, could I get a different color.

Please sir. Read the entire post I made before commenting.

Thank you.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA

Thank you.

Yes, we understand that. But when you ask about getting a different color, and you're describing "problems" that occur normally on a phone, it makes it LOOK like you just want to get the other color, instead of really having an issue with your phone.

To answer your question, I was always under the assumption that they would only get you the color you originally ordered, unless you returned it within the 14 days and repurchased the other color. But I've heard of people swapping colors in a few instances, so I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe be more sure next time about which color.

Last edited:

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008

It really did get hot.

Thank you.

Geniuses won't let you swap colors... I tried

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

It really did get hot.

Thank you.

No, you will get the same color, same model, and the same size. If you are still within your return period then go return your white one and get a black model.

DAneil808

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2009
whats wrong with white? i didnt buy my iphone yet but i was sort of leaning towards white.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think it should be warm unless you're putting it through very heavy usage. Might want to give it a "check-up" to identify the problem.

iMichael!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
No, you didn't make a mistake choosing White.Because of broken Motherboard or battery, maybe the phone got hot, you sholdn't blame the color of your phone.

I'm not blaming my Phone for the problem, I'm just saying i should have picked black because it looks alot better this year. That's all. :D

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
I'm not blaming my Phone for the problem, I'm just saying i should have picked black because it looks alot better this year. That's all. :D

They will not let you "swap" it just for a change of colour.

As stated by someone else if you're within your return time, do it that way.

Also if you "think" black looks better why didn't you choose black in the first place. ?

Can you imagine if the iPhone came in all of the colours that the iPods currently do...my god the exchanging and returns would never stop.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
My iPhone was really white. I rebooted and it was still white. I'm hoping a software update will make it black. Made a jeebus bar appt.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
I don't use my ipad 2 as much as i should. one time it got really warm. can i take it to an apple store and just trade it for an iPhone?

:p

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
op, my first ip5 experienced the same thing...i got a new swap at att where i got it

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010

It's happened to me. Only once or twice.

White looks awesome. I do have black but really admire white.

stickyfingers85

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
I wouldn't worry about the heat, its pretty normal

Mine gets very hot when im using a lot of data and charging it at the same time, e.g. listening to radio

xesf92

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
I will not have to worry about the heat, quite normal, my iphone 5 also be the case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.