Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Caliber26: Of course iPhone photos count! It amazes me sometimes how nice of a photo a phone can take. I've never been to Disneyland, so I have no idea how big this actually is, but it looks like its huge. Nice colors that transition all over seamlessly.

Yep. It's pretty big: 180 feet in height.

GT41

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Congratulations fcortese, great use of texture and B&W. When I saw you posted that picture it stuck out at me, though honestly after looking back at it a couple times over the past week I kept hoping to see more where I could more clearly see (wider angle or lower approach) which specific bridge it was. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the Brooklyn bridge to recognize it from such a view.

imac wannabe: I love the photo and as well as the plane. My brother is an aerodynamics researcher at NASA and I've spent years hearing and reading about the SR-71 and it truly is iconic. Great job on the capture from a totally unusual angle. :)

Also thanks for the comments on my photo. I got lucky, the sky cleared up as we were leaving, but I found Alcatraz to be perfectly set up for moody black and white photography. I'd say many were better than the one I submitted, but this one most suited the theme, and the warning sign nailed it for me.

Good luck to all next week. :)

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Wow, I am honored to have been chosen as the winner of this contest. There were so many great photos submitted; pmexperience's, JD's, Cheese&Apple's, GT41's, AlexH's and keleko's, just to name a few, that I really caught my eye. Thanks for the judging, sideonecincy. Nice job. For GT41, I took this picture late in the afternoon with a cloudless sky. I was captured by the 1875 date on the brickwork and tried to capture the symmetry of the arches and cables. Since it was built in 1875, I went with the B&W processing through Silver Efex Pro. I did not do a lot of tampering with increasing structure or darkening the sky, etc. I just wanted to give an old feel to the picture w/o over doing it. I'll have something up either later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks again and congrats to all who entered.:)

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Some really great shots once again!

I always appreciate how much time and effort people put into their critique of the photos in this thread. Well done Sideonecincy...thank you. :)

Cheers

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Great job with the judging and thanks for taking the time for all the comments. Great set of photos here.

imac wannabe

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
Appleton, WI
Great photos everyone! This was a strong group of shots. Thanks for all the time sideonecincy and congrats to fcortese. JDDavis your shot is "the one" this week that when I saw it I thought it was great...such nice colors and great composition. I look forward to the next contest:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.