Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
My training got pushed back from 11/26 to a couple months from then :( I'm super bummed, but it's better than the "thanks for playing" email people have mentioned. I still have a shot! This is going to be longest wait of my life!!! lol

Congrats to everyone who will start soon!

mthbz

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
Hi Matt! We were told that the equipment should be delivered no later than the 21st and not to open it until the 26th. We were told to open it at 9am and to be "camera ready" as apparently there will be a lot of time that we're on camera. They said we'll have about 15 minutes to get it all set up and get in the classroom. Gratz on getting in!

Awesome. Stoked! :D

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
:eek: My background check has completed and I just missed a call from Apple from my original interviewer :eek:

Is it possible I have an opportunity to sip the kool-aid :cool: :apple:

I hope I landed this job this process has had me on a roller coaster!!! :D

Yep.

----------

For anyone waiting to start or for the call,

I just wanted to let you that it is very worth it.

Don't give up!

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
Hey IceFire, themayorr and MrMacMack I was in the paperwork call today as well. I heard CPU several times.

I ran to the Apple store to have my I9 verified. I have to say everyone was very cool. All congratulated me and the manager emailed everything as well as had me call HR from the office to confirm everything was good. They were amazing!

I'll be sending my paperwork tomorrow :)

msmith.1993

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Haven't heard back :{

So I applied via the website for the apple at home advisor job two days ago and I haven't heard anything. I hear it's standard for people to receive an emailed questionnaire pretty quickly after applying but I haven't. If Apple isn't interested at all will they just not get back to you? Or do they send you an email telling you you're not a good fit?

applelover4u

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2012
So I applied via the website for the apple at home advisor job two days ago and I haven't heard anything. I hear it's standard for people to receive an emailed questionnaire pretty quickly after applying but I haven't. If Apple isn't interested at all will they just not get back to you? Or do they send you an email telling you you're not a good fit?

Same here. Im wondering what is going on. I think certain areas may get it faster then others

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA

Same here. Im wondering what is going on. I think certain areas may get it faster then others

I originally applied in August and again in September. Both times to 20 different locations. I didn't get anywhere until I tweaked my cover letter and reapplied again in October. Then everything moved really fast. I just sent back my paperwork this morning.

Just remember there are a ton of people applying. This forum is a great resource. And even though there are now 158 pages, start at the beginning and read everything. It helped me tremendously. (So thanks to everyone who has posted)

Good luck and don't give up!:)

Linkz2

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Phone Line Question.

So does anyone know if its OK to use Time Warner's digital phone service for this position? I've had it for a while now and can deactivate the other features such as voicemail and call-waiting.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

It was 2 weeks after applying that I got the questionnaire, some get it faster, some slower.

apeonpatrol

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has used WOW as their phone provider? I'm not sure if they're VOIP based or digital.

It was specifically mentioned that the phone line cannot be an IP line but I m not sure on their technology? I know it comes in through the modem they provided but does that make it VOIP?

BTW - first post here and I start on 12/3 :apple::)

See you on the 3rd :)

applelover4u

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2012
I originally applied in August and again in September. Both times to 20 different locations. I didn't get anywhere until I tweaked my cover letter and reapplied again in October. Then everything moved really fast. I just sent back my paperwork this morning.

Just remember there are a ton of people applying. This forum is a great resource. And even though there are now 158 pages, start at the beginning and read everything. It helped me tremendously. (So thanks to everyone who has posted)

Good luck and don't give up!:)

can u tell us what exactly or how did you tweak your cover letter?

Apply different locations really don't matter because they will only hire you in your location

Do anyone have a contact number for them. i already work for apple through a 3rd party call center with a excellent record! they should see that on my resume, so I dont see why i would not be hired. I dont even need the training for CPI, I already been working it for 6 months with a excellent record. i even was awarded awards for my service

thewriteway

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2012

Apply different locations really don't matter because they will only hire you in your location

Do anyone have a contact number for them. i already work for apple through a 3rd party call center with a excellent record! they should see that on my resume, so I dont see why i would not be hired. I dont even need the training for CPI, I already been working it for 6 months with a excellent record. i even was awarded awards for my service

Hello,
Maybe they aren't responding because you already work for them through a 3rd party. I would make sure this somehow isn't violating your NDA. You could potentially lose both gigs.

Alot of the people on here were hired for a different location than they live in.

Good luck to you!

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
So my background check is a day or two away from completion but my training doesn't start until January if they do decide to hire me :eek:

Oh the wait!!!!! lol. I don't think i've ever experienced anything like this going for a job. Really hope I get it!!! :cool::apple:

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
Got my i9 Verified... Received my shipping label and in the process of sending the documents... WOOT WOOT!! Im soo excited:D:D:D

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA

I was hired out of Texas I believe. A few people on here were previously working for Apple through Kelly. I made my cover letter stand out, not the normal looking blah blah type. It actually twisted the beginning monologue from Star Trek :) You can do a search for cover letters that standout or cover letters that get you noticed. And I figure it was the 50-something job location I applied for.

LivnLuvnit

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Im really looking forward to this opportunity and hope this to be a great experience since I was only able to get thru the process with kelly. i tried looking thru apple but they don't have anything available in my area. KELLY startin at 9+ .15 for equipment utilities. Had my interview on 29th Oct, went down to local office a week after submitted my background doc. on friday got the offer the following Tuesday. i am schedule to be in the 11/26 training class..I am jus wondering if I'll be learning the same material as you guys

Last edited:

ciscob0x

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Received questionnaire on 10/29 and replied right away. Have not heard anything since. Replied the other days asking if they had received my email just in case they had not. No reply yet.

The questions they initially ask are pretty simple and I can't imagine one of my answers would have been a deal breaker. The only perhaps iffy was the one asking about pay. To which I replied I feel uncomfortable requesting a specific pay and only ask that my pay be competitive to employees with similar experience.

Anyone went this long (10+ days) without ANY response after replying to the original email? Seems like almost everyone here gets a response the next day ....

Last edited:

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
OK. I have lurked enough. Thanks for all the helpful info that I have
received from everyone. My start date is 12/3 as well...so greetings
fellow 12/3ers!!! And to help the future employees, here is my timeline.

1. Applied 8/31
2. Questionaire answered 9/18
3. Got email for interview on 9/21 with start date of 11/26.
4. Offical Online Application received on 9/25.
5. Final interview on 10/3.
6. Received email on 10/3 for background check.
7. Received email on 10/8 for additional info for background check.
8. Background check completed on 10/24.
9. Offer letter received on 10/31.
10. Start date changed to 12/3.

Also, as a side note...concerning CPU or iOS classes. The hiring manager
told me that everyone is placed in a big pool. Teams that are short on
people(quit, fired, don't work out, etc) are filled first. Then the managers
divide up everyone else to spread the load.

So, I'm not disagreeing with what everyone was told or heard, just sharing
the information I was told.

And for all the other folks coming in and wondering like we all did, read
the forum. Copy and paste questions and study and read. Google info
on configuring email or trouble shooting internet connections. Does not
hurt to have some knowledge, but empathy and compassion for the
customer is the most important.

See yall on 12/3!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.