Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the mac docter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I have been recently trying to talk my parents into an ssd and when i finally got them on board i kinda felt like i wanted something else. Its like you want what you cant have because it is forbidden. i was thinking of picking up an intel 520 180gb for its reliability and warranty and speed. But now that i can get, i kinda wanna get black ops 2 for xbox. and im kinda torn between the two. Any help or suggestion would be much obliged. and no trolling! i hate trolls.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Get your parents to get the SSD and then save up your milk money and get Black Ops. I'm pretty sure one of these items is more expensive than the other.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
When I first read the thread title I thought I had misunderstood and needed to click in to clarify.

But… I WAS RIGHT. :eek:

FrozenShivers

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2011
Worst thread ever. How can you even compare an SSD to a game? (not even going into the price difference).

Get a job.

itsmrjon

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2011
Chicago

Namjins

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
USA
I was very disappointed by Black Ops on Mac. I'd get the SSD and buy a better game for less.

HarbingerX

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
Agree with pretty much everyone... get the SSD to make all your computer use go faster right now and wait for Black Ops to get discounted in 6 months.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Get the SSD and then do something to help you earn more money later in life.

I'm looking at learning Xcode personally, just because and shell scripting too.

All of this while studying for my Citrix cert.

jmhart

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
I have been recently trying to talk my parents into an ssd and when i finally got them on board i kinda felt like i wanted something else. Its like you want what you cant have because it is forbidden. i was thinking of picking up an intel 520 180gb for its reliability and warranty and speed. But now that i can get, i kinda wanna get black ops 2 for xbox. and im kinda torn between the two. Any help or suggestion would be much obliged. and no trolling! i hate trolls.

I like turtles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.