Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Only phones? they never sold as many macs, as many tablets, as many iPod touchs, as many apps, as many music, as many books and films...

you are irrational.

Half the revenue is from the iPhone. Hopefully those other things will get more focus to make up for the loss revenue of the iPhone in the future.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Apple will be a $400 stock by year-end heading lower still. All the classic signs of a stock that has boomed and seen its best days: earnings disappointments (3 in a row), lame product launches, operational issues (maps, siri), blame-casting by throwing some management under the bus, building a grotesque new HQ, not to mention the fact that everyone and their mom already owns a iphone/ipad and/or owns the stock.

With 56 analyst recommendations to buy AAPL vs. only 5 "holds" and 2 "sells" there is a long way to go for this stock to wring out excesses. Based on the chart, etc I will start to nibble at $200.

Finally someone with brains! Thank you!

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
No doubt, Apple has lost it's shine without Steve Jobs. The product line is also tired. iOS is long in the tooth. And last, but not least, the competition has caught up. And in some cases, surpassed what Apple is doing. So without Steve, I think Apple is just an ordinary company. That is what the stock is reflecting, too.

The stock is still massively up on what it was when Jobs was alive, so what's your explanation for that?

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
It's bottoming out now. Won't drop below 525. If it hits 550... buy. The holiday season along with the earnings call in the beginning of 2013 makes this stock have awesome potential! Let the big wigs who bought earlier jump ship. It's time to make money on this one.

Apple's a stock you want to have for the long haul.

:D

when someone posts this optimistic prediction on a public forum like this, it is a signal of stock peak and time to sell.

Apple is already the largest tech company. The only way to go is down, not up.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
What about the coming increase from 15% to 25% for cashing out stocks.

That's what's driving this sell off from what I have gathered.

Yep...I feel the exact same way...was telling my friends the same thing.

This is about the capital gains taxing coming at the end of the end. And on top of that, since Apple is owned by the majority of hedge funds, they will cash out, make people freak and sell, then swoop in after XMAS and buy on the cheap.

This stock is extremely undervalued for what lies ahead.

Oh and the part of the video talking about no new products on the horizon..wtf...how often do you expect something NEW. If they were doing that, then they would be overloaded with products and crap. These analysts are amazingly stupid. Either they don't make enough stuff, or if they did, they would say they have too much stuff (like the old Apple)

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I'm a bit nervous. I debated wether to sell some at 650 but decided against it as I felt it would still go higher. Now it looks like I may have made a mistake as not only is it trending down it now also looks like the capital gains cut not going to be extended into next year.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
This is the greatest buying opportunity I have ever seen.

Everybody should be taking out home equity lines of credit and using the proceeds to buy Apple stock. See if you can refinance your car loan. Take everything out of your 401(k) and IRA accounts. Buy on margin. Buy options. Take next month's rent money. Do whatever you have to, but BUY!

Do not listen to this crazy and irresponsible person.

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
What a load of crap this is. There is no fundamental issues with Apple here - just the financial sector manipulating stock prices.

The loss of Steve Jobs and Scott F. is a major fundermantal change. These two guys brought the company to where it is today from death.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Apple will be fine and so will their stock. What you see here are the fast buck artists cashing out after a peak and the doom and gloom of the east coast Wall Streeters who are surrounded by armageddon due to the storm. A lot of stock buying is based mostly on "feeling" and not logic. And right the folks in NY are not feeling too good.....

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
The stock is still massively up on what it was when Jobs was alive, so what's your explanation for that?

Any time now the bozos on this site will be starting the "Death Spiral" clock for Apple. The majority of MacRumors members have been Apple haters for some time now. The management itself is now anti-Apple in many ways. This site should be renamed AppleHatingRumors as it better describes the membership and purpose.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
Apple will be a $400 stock by year-end heading lower still. All the classic signs of a stock that has boomed and seen its best days: earnings disappointments (3 in a row), lame product launches, operational issues (maps, siri), blame-casting by throwing some management under the bus, building a grotesque new HQ, not to mention the fact that everyone and their mom already owns a iphone/ipad and/or owns the stock.

With 56 analyst recommendations to buy AAPL vs. only 5 "holds" and 2 "sells" there is a long way to go for this stock to wring out excesses. Based on the chart, etc I will start to nibble at $200.

Funny, but not surprising from someone who posted this last year:

"Jobs was an ass. Arrogant. A buffoon. Boorish. Greedy. Yet the minions celebrate him like a god."

Why exactly are you here? Are you related to Mike Daisy?

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
Stock goes up = OMG APPLE AM AMAZING

Stock goes down = the evil stock market is manipulating the stock, Apple is still god.

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
Short supply kill

iPhone is their prime profit making device and if this is out of stock in all places for a foreseeable future then it affects your bottom line and people don't have patience and in many cases consumers have made their choices already moving away from Apple.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Funny, but not surprising from someone who posted this last year:

"Jobs was an ass. Arrogant. A buffoon. Boorish. Greedy. Yet the minions celebrate him like a god."

Why exactly are you here? Are you related to Mike Daisy?

hey, For all we know, thats high praise for the man :p

none of that is entirely untrue. But it's what made Steve, Steve.

Without that ambition and ability to be Arrogant, boorish, and greedy, I don't think Apple would be the company it was when he died.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Perhaps - but I also think it's market saturation. And also better competition. Which is why Apple is really pulling out all the stops on litigation - especially trying to get products banned.

We aren't even close to market saturation. Tablets and smartphones will be as common to own as a home computer in a few years. Sales of them will probably be in the billions per year in the not too distant future. Tablets are still crude, heavy (if 10" size, not so much for the smaller ones) and basically a piece of crap compared to what they will be in five years. And they are already awesome. Smartphones are only now getting decent and the first iPhone was awesome and anyone who could have afforded it probably should have bought it.
The market for this stuff is basically the entire human race. It has not been scratched.

D-a-a-n

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
We aren't even close to market saturation. Tablets and smartphones will be as common to own as a home computer in a few years. Sales of them will probably be in the billions per year in the not too distant future. Tablets are still crude, heavy (if 10" size, not so much for the smaller ones) and basically a piece of crap compared to what they will be in five years. And they are already awesome. Smartphones are only now getting decent and the first iPhone was awesome and anyone who could have afforded it probably should have bought it.
The market for this stuff is basically the entire human race. It has not been scratched.

Billions per year..please. Btw what would a real professional do with an iPad? That's right, nada.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.