Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
I've been using the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity combo for a long time. It's indispensable BUT the interface is as basic as you get which makes visual organizing nearly impossible. Tagging is the only real way to organize.

I see RealMac has now launched a version of it's Clear to-do app for the Mac which syncs with the iOS version via iCloud. It looks like it might be better at visual organization but at $9 for Mac + iOS version it is $9 better than the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity? I don't mind spending $9. I do mind wasting it.

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
I've been using the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity combo for a long time. It's indispensable BUT the interface is as basic as you get which makes visual organizing nearly impossible. Tagging is the only real way to organize.

I see RealMac has now launched a version of it's Clear to-do app for the Mac which syncs with the iOS version via iCloud. It looks like it might be better at visual organization but at $9 for Mac + iOS version it is $9 better than the free SimpleNote and Notational Velocity? I don't mind spending $9. I do mind wasting it.

I'd stick with Simplenote. I use Things for my todo related stuff, but Simplenote for notes and other stuff.

Different uses, but I don't think Clear is a good way to spend money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.