Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Talayeh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Hi All,

I have a serious issue with Viber. I have received messages that they show up on my iPhone screen when it's locked and when I unlock the phone and go to the Viber app there is no trace of those messages. It's like they have never been sent. One message was from a number that I already have in my contacts and the other is from a number which has just added me but I don't have it yet on my contact list.

Anyone knows how to see those messages or had an experience like this?!

Thanks
T

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi,
This is an official representative of Viber Media.

Regarding messages issue, this is a known issue which will be resolved shortly.
Make sure that you stay current with our version updates.
It may help to change 'banners' to 'alerts' on Viber's Push Notification settings as a temporary workaround.

Regarding contact list, please check :http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

If you have any additional questions we'll be happy to assist.
Viber Team

charakams

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Hi,
This is an official representative of Viber Media.

Regarding messages issue, this is a known issue which will be resolved shortly.
Make sure that you stay current with our version updates.
It may help to change 'banners' to 'alerts' on Viber's Push Notification settings as a temporary workaround.

Regarding contact list, please check :http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

If you have any additional questions we'll be happy to assist.
Viber Team

I have a similar issue. I hear the notification of receiving the message but does not show in viber, but under notifications (iOS5, Iphone 4s) message is shown with phone number (without recognizing the name of the sender) and body of the message says " you have received a message from... to view this message upgrade viber so that you could also send and receive messages"

Also it does not recognize any of my contacts with viber installed.

I have viber version 2.1.5.270

Hope you could help me with this regards.

Thanks!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi @charakams

First, please make sure that this isn't a network issue. Test Viber on a few different WiFi networks and see if the problems remain there.

If they do, please make sure all your contacts have the latest version of Viber installed too.

charakams

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Hi @charakams

First, please make sure that this isn't a network issue. Test Viber on a few different WiFi networks and see if the problems remain there.

If they do, please make sure all your contacts have the latest version of Viber installed too.

Dear Viber,

Thank you for your reply. I did checked it out but the problem remains irrespective of which network I am in (same for 3G as well).

It does not show any of the contacts and I'm sure at least one of my contact should have the latest version.

I guess this is not a common issue?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Dear Viber,

Thank you for your reply. I did checked it out but the problem remains irrespective of which network I am in (same for 3G as well).

It does not show any of the contacts and I'm sure at least one of my contact should have the latest version.

I guess this is not a common issue?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Hmm...
May we please ask what country you are located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to?

The source of this problem could greatly vary.
Please read this page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

charakams

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Hmm...
May we please ask what country you are located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to?

The source of this problem could greatly vary.
Please read this page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

I was beginning to wonder whether it's something related to the country as well. I'm living in Dubai, U.A.E.

Even the link you have given is blocked in here. So I believe the service might be blocked as well. Anyway thank you for your time and effort.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I was beginning to wonder whether it's something related to the country as well. I'm living in Dubai, U.A.E.

Even the link you have given is blocked in here. So I believe the service might be blocked as well. Anyway thank you for your time and effort.

Ahh..... yes, indeed!

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

Note that the block is gradual, meaning different Viber users could start experiencing it at different stages of Viber usage.

Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

aliyah marie

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
Hi! I am having problem with my VIBER installed in my Ipod touch. The messages I sent and received do not appear so I tried to delete the application and reinstall again. I have successfully installed it but when I enter my no to get the code, a notification appeared saying that there is no connectivity. I cannot enter viber. I was instructed to check my connection and try again. I tried to access it again to another wifi zone area specifically starbucks but the same notification appeared. May I know the problem and what should I do to remedy it. Im in Philippines. Thank you.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi! I am having problem with my VIBER installed in my Ipod touch. The messages I sent and received do not appear so I tried to delete the application and reinstall again. I have successfully installed it but when I enter my no to get the code, a notification appeared saying that there is no connectivity. I cannot enter viber. I was instructed to check my connection and try again. I tried to access it again to another wifi zone area specifically starbucks but the same notification appeared. May I know the problem and what should I do to remedy it. Im in Philippines. Thank you.

Hi,

It sounds like both networks you tested Viber on were blocking Viber's ports.

Please try the following:

1. First, try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different WiFi networks. Does it work now?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, contact your router manufacturer)

Viking Invader

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Viber not showing messages

I have an iPhone where viber suddenly stopped displaying the messages. It says that there are (currently) 23 messages but does not show any of them.
When a new message arrives it DOES get into the banner, but then I cannot read it. iPhone 4, viber installed about 1 month ago.

Perhaps Viber has some advice??
:confused:

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I have an iPhone where viber suddenly stopped displaying the messages. It says that there are (currently) 23 messages but does not show any of them.
When a new message arrives it DOES get into the banner, but then I cannot read it. iPhone 4, viber installed about 1 month ago.

Perhaps Viber has some advice??
:confused:

Hi,
At the moment there isn't any known, general problem that should prevent you from displaying the message.

Have you tried upgrading your Viber to the recently-released 2.2.1 version in AppStore?
Please let me know if this solved your problem, and if not we'll assist you further.

Viking Invader

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Viber still not showing messages

So I installed the new version today, but I still have the same problem.
Viber shows that there is a message and that there are 46 other messages from the same person. When clicking the 46, I get the page where I can click "Load Earlier Messages". But when I click it, nothing happens.

Hope Viber can help.

Viking Invader

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
So I installed the new version today, but I still have the same problem.
Viber shows that there is a message and that there are 46 other messages from the same person. When clicking the 46, I get the page where I can click "Load Earlier Messages". But when I click it, nothing happens.

Hope Viber can help.

Viking Invader

Thank you for the report.
Please use this direct link in order to contact our Support Team and elaborate on the problem. With the details, they will try to assist you further: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thanks in advance :)

Leila129

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
Hello there... I have a problem with viber just now. It doesn't send my messages and can't make calls either. It says I need to connect to the internet to make calls though I am sure that I am connected to the internet as I'm using facebook and checking emails. It used to work properly few days ago and since I installed it and updated it. Will somebody please help me address this concern. Thank you.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hello there... I have a problem with viber just now. It doesn't send my messages and can't make calls either. It says I need to connect to the internet to make calls though I am sure that I am connected to the internet as I'm using facebook and checking emails. It used to work properly few days ago and since I installed it and updated it. Will somebody please help me address this concern. Thank you.

Hi,
what country are you located in? Which cellular network?

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Ahh..... yes, indeed!

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

Note that the block is gradual, meaning different Viber users could start experiencing it at different stages of Viber usage.

Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

hi there.
i'm located in Dubai as well. but something funny happened. So i got your app running and faced the similar problem mentioned by charakams. However my friend, also in UAE, using a different phone (Nokia i think) was able to msg me on Viber. so how come he's able to use it on a different phone, but not me. we're both on the same network. Any idea?
Thanks.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hi there.
i'm located in Dubai as well. but something funny happened. So i got your app running and faced the similar problem mentioned by charakams. However my friend, also in UAE, using a different phone (Nokia i think) was able to msg me on Viber. so how come he's able to use it on a different phone, but not me. we're both on the same network. Any idea?
Thanks.

Hi,
I apologize for my late response.

The block in the UAE (and in other countries as well) appears to be gradual and not 100% consistent. This means that some users may temporarily not be blocked, but overall this block is real and even official, as appears in official government pages and regulations.

Unfortunately there nothing we (Viber) can do to help in this case :(

jchiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Hi All,

I have a serious issue with Viber. I have received messages that they show up on my iPhone screen when it's locked and when I unlock the phone and go to the Viber app there is no trace of those messages. It's like they have never been sent. One message was from a number that I already have in my contacts and the other is from a number which has just added me but I don't have it yet on my contact list.

Anyone knows how to see those messages or had an experience like this?!

Thanks
T

hi i have the exact same issue. the message popped up on the screen when my phone was locked and then when i entered the phone there is no trace of it anywhere, like it was never there in the first place. checked it numerous times, exited out of the tab and opened a new one, turned the phone on and off, updated to the newest viber. how can i fix this, it is very frustrating.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
hi i have the exact same issue. the message popped up on the screen when my phone was locked and then when i entered the phone there is no trace of it anywhere, like it was never there in the first place. checked it numerous times, exited out of the tab and opened a new one, turned the phone on and off, updated to the newest viber. how can i fix this, it is very frustrating.

What iPhone do you have? Which iOS version? Is it Jailbroken?

jchiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
What iPhone do you have? Which iOS version? Is it Jailbroken?

i had the one before the iOS 6 when i received the message and at that time i had the old viber as well. i upgraded the viber in the hope it would show the message, it didn't so then i upgraded to the new iOS 6 as of last night. still not showing it. i had someone else message me on viber who lives in the same house as me (same wi-fi connection etc) as a test and it came through fine. its just that one message i can't get/find.

thanks

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
i had the one before the iOS 6 when i received the message and at that time i had the old viber as well. i upgraded the viber in the hope it would show the message, it didn't so then i upgraded to the new iOS 6 as of last night. still not showing it. i had someone else message me on viber who lives in the same house as me (same wi-fi connection etc) as a test and it came through fine. its just that one message i can't get/find.

thanks

There might have been a temporary glitch with our servers that may have caused the problem. Unfortunately there is now way for us to retrieve that single lost message, since we don't keep our users' chat history on our servers (due to respect to our users' privacy).

You might want to ask that person to re-send you that message, and we hope that this issue will not occur again in the future. If it does, please do let us know and we'll look into it thoroughly :)

anis2410

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Viber not importing contacts

Hi,

I have updated viber to its latest version and afterwards can't see any of my contacts on viber... Seems like its not importing my contacts list. I can still however receive viber calls normally (but when someone calls I can't see his saved name in my contacts, only his number appears) or dial numbers from viber.

Any help plz? Thx.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi,

I have updated viber to its latest version and afterwards can't see any of my contacts on viber... Seems like its not importing my contacts list. I can still however receive viber calls normally (but when someone calls I can't see his saved name in my contacts, only his number appears) or dial numbers from viber.

Any help plz? Thx.

May we ask what country you live in, and which cellular network? This may be a potential cause for the problem.

In addition, please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.