Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
What's hilarious is that when the iPad 3 came out everyone was saying that the retina display was very disappointing and that they could barely tell the difference.

Who the heck was saying that? Most reviews went on and on about how gorgeous the display was. I remember theverge saying it was like illuminated paper.

Koziakauzu

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
if you want "portability" and the latest big thing> Mini

Still great performance, "full features" iPad, retina display, but "old device"> iPad 3

Scott2345

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2012
I was gonna get a mini, but once the iPad 3 refurb was available for only $379, it was a no brainier. It's my first iPad.

Scott2345

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2012
Never know, you might have liked the mini a lot more if portability is your thing.

I'm sure for the people that take there iPads everywhere on the go the mini is perfect. I actually have no need to travel with my iPad, it stays home.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
What's hilarious is that when the iPad 3 came out everyone was saying that the retina display was very disappointing and that they could barely tell the difference.

Misinformation happen from statements like this. You pinch words out of context from reviews on the internet and reiterate it as if it has some substance. Pretty soon people will take those repeatedly regurgitated words as fact. I have an iPad 2 and an iPad 4 and I can tell you the difference is massive. Text heavy sites like even macrumors show a world of difference. On the iPad 2, I'd have to zoom into the article's column to read it. I never zoom on the retina ipad. It's the full web.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.