Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
After reading everyone's reviews on their iPhone 5, I am more and more surprised that people don't like how light and thin It is. I remember using one of those Nokia brick type phones, and wishing for something like this. It's incredible how thin it really is.
So far, no problems at all. Wifi is working exactly the same as my 4S. Same signal, except LTE.
The only differences are the charger and the screen size. And it's pretty fast with switching apps as well.
Overall, I love it. And I really am confused on why so many do not.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
I like my iPhone 5 too but...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 155

Bruins Fan

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
Boston, MA
Know what? Me too! I'm almost a week into owning my first, an iPhone 5, and I'm loving it. No issues at all, it even looked perfect out of the box. And Verizon LTE has been great. Very happy so far :)

MGCP

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I got mine yesterday and am pretty happy so far (although half way through syncing it with iTunes my laptop had an epic crash, will need to try again tonight to work out what the hell that was all about).

I am slightly mystified as to why some people have got really excited about it though. I came from a 4s and haven't noticed a huge increase in speed (how fast can web browsing or using apps get!). The screen seems fine, but again not hugely different and I don't have a strong opinion about the increase in size. I don't get LTE on my network so that is one improvement I unfortunately don't benefit from so perhaps that is the "big deal".

All in all it has some nice tweaks from the 4s but as I said, nothing that gets me very excited.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I've had a few iPhones, but I definitely love this one the best. It came unscathed out of the box and hasn't given me any serious issues since I got it. It was very worth it to upgrade.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I got mine yesterday and am pretty happy so far (although half way through syncing it with iTunes my laptop had an epic crash, will need to try again tonight to work out what the hell that was all about).

I am slightly mystified as to why some people have got really excited about it though. I came from a 4s and haven't noticed a huge increase in speed (how fast can web browsing or using apps get!). The screen seems fine, but again not hugely different and I don't have a strong opinion about the increase in size. I don't get LTE on my network so that is one improvement I unfortunately don't benefit from so perhaps that is the "big deal".

All in all it has some nice tweaks from the 4s but as I said, nothing that gets me very excited.

That is exactly why I didn't feel the need to upgrade.

Despite the physical changes, it isn't THAT much different feeling than a 4S. The browsing speeds are similar (on wifi, which is what I'm on most of the time), the apps open just a millisecond slower on the 4S, camera takes pics a millisecond slower. It's your typical upgrade, people are just BLOWN AWAY because it's light and thin and redesigned (slightly).

This is why upgrading every 2 years is the best. If you get the phone every year, you dont notice that much of an improvement. If you get a new iPhone every 2 years, you are WOWed.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Same here. I did have a scuff issue with my first one, but I had it replaced with a second, flawless iPhone 5, and I've been totally happy since.

LearnIIBurn

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
I love mine more now that its starting to get the normal wear and tear on it. Makes me feel a lot less guilty once its scratched up.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I used to love my AT&T iphone 5 16gb and now love my iphone 5 32gb even more especially after I sold my 6 week old 16gb for $800 on the bay and bought my 32gb still sealed in the box for $485 ;-). Must be the deal of the century :)

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
How did you get it for $485?

----------

I used to love my AT&T iphone 5 16gb and now love my iphone 5 32gb even more especially after I sold my 6 week old 16gb for $800 on the bay and bought my 32gb still sealed in the box for $485 ;-). Must be the deal of the century :)

How did you get it for $485

iHailCarlo

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
I have had a couple iPhone before I had gotten the 5 most recently. This is the best phone I have ever had in my life. Also had a Blackberry and Android phone, they both are terrible. I couldnt imagine ever leaving Apples combination of style, feel, and software.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
How did you get it for $485?

----------

How did you get it for $485

Some guy listed it on ebay and I bought it within a few seconds after the auction was listed. To be honest with you, I thought it was a scam since the guy never sold on ebay before and only had 6 feedback but I said what the hell. I'll give it a shot and worst case I'll get my money back through ebay if its a scam. I received the phone in the mail yesterday and it was still sealed and been using it since and it's all perfect :)

EFDC80D0-C47A-4D07-A8FA-EC183B577CA8-2523-0000015E0A803499.jpg

B5C46896-49BE-4D05-A036-530865AF0F1E-2523-0000015FB6C4C271.jpg

713122AD-8C0F-4BCA-82E3-F3B75EA1FD28-2523-0000016083D65201.jpg

98B79956-6D35-4AE3-AC7C-A4F43385D640-2523-000001608BE71694.jpg

Last edited:

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Some guy listed it on ebay and I bought it within a few seconds after the auction was listed. To be honest with you, I thought it was a scam since the guy never sold on ebay before and only had 6 feedback but I said what the hell. I'll give it a shot and worst case I'll get my money back through ebay if its a scam. I received the phone in the mail yesterday and it was still sealed and been using it since and it's all perfect :)

Wow, that's very lucky. You should play the lottery before this kind of luck runs out ;)

Last edited:

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Like mine too, except for the loose battery, yellowish screen, Invalid SIM error, other than that it is nice.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011

You had better hope this phone is not stolen. Something is very fishy here.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011

No picture of the actual phone yet the plastic is opened? Strange... Paypal has great protection though.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Overall, I love it. And I really am confused on why so many do not.

I'm amazed as well about how many people complain about anything Apple related on this site. I think its a general public perception that Apple is down so lets attack anything they make or do, no matter how good it is. I've heard lots of noise about imagined problems while remarkably little noise of competitors problems.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
Well mine was $199 on AT&T. Of course mines under contract ugh.

But I wouldn't be with anyone else for the next 2 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.