Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bakari45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
I really like the iPad mini, but viewin content in the iOS Safari and other default iPad applications is just not a good thing. The text size for these applications need to be enlarged.

So I'm using the web browser app, Atomic Web, Which enables you to enlarge text and save those changes for each individual website. It makes the reading experience on the iPad mini 10 times better.

So how useful is Chrome and other web browsers on the iPad mini?

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I really like the iPad mini, but viewin content in the iOS Safari and other default iPad applications is just not a good thing. The text size for these applications need to be enlarged.

So I'm using the web browser app, Atomic Web, Which enables you to enlarge text and save those changes for each individual website. It makes the reading experience on the iPad mini 10 times better.

So how useful is Chrome and other web browsers on the iPad mini?

I DLed Mercury last night. Free and by far one of the best I've seen so far.

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
I'm testing Dolphin right now. It doesn't do anything for the display of non-mobile-optimized websites, but it does have a few nice features. I'll try a few others soon.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Just downloaded Mecury browser last night.

Pretty awesome so far.

Small fuzzy fonts be gone.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Perfect Browser hands down. It is the ONLY browser that lets you set a default font size. The others, including Mercury and Atomic, require you to adjust size for each site. All three do let you save site specific settings.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Has anyone been able to get Mercury to sync bookmarks with Chrome? It syncs with firefox for me, but not chrome.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Perfect Browser here as well, have been using it for ages. Started using it on my iPad 2.

Bakari45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Perfect Browser hands down. It is the ONLY browser that lets you set a default font size. The others, including Mercury and Atomic, require you to adjust size for each site. All three do let you save site specific settings.

Wow, you're right. While I think Atomic Web looks more attractive, Perfect Browser as much better functionality for optimizing font sizes.

Thanks.

----------

Safari, never had any problems with it or gave me a reason to go elsewhere.

The default text is not too small for you on the iPad mini?

arbogast777

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Perfect Browser, always in full screen mode which basically makes my screen about 1in taller (I set a 3 finger swipe down to bring up the address/tab bars)

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Still using Safari and my question with this browser is I see tabs for multiple web pages I have opened but can they be displayed in window panes where I can switch to the one I want? I feel navigation would be a lot easier.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
I dl'ed Mercury and iCab a few years ago when I got my iPad 2. Played around with them for awhile but eventually went back to Safari. Might be time to give alternate browsers a second try.

A day latter - I like the font resizing in Perfect Browser, a real plus for web surfing on the mini. I'm not real crazy about Perfects look but that's easily addressed by using it in full screen mode.

Last edited:

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
Can you import bookmarks into perfect browser from safari? Thats the 2.99 one, right?

I downloaded mercury and its cool, but want to keep my safari bookmarks, I guess I need to figure that out

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
My vote is Mercury and then Safari. Lots of nice features with Mercury. Sync alone is worth it. Use it on both my iPad & iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.