Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntdb

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Just checked it. Yep, my mini does this too.

Oh hey, I just checked my iPad 2 as well. It does the same thing.

It's an amazing piece of tech, not perfection. Chill.

Art1stic

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Mine makes a click noise and I can barely feel it every once and a while when I grasp it around the camera area

You guys think I should take it back???

EmaDaCuz

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2012
As soon as I touch the screen, my finger gets through and appears on the back side. When I touch the exact centre of the screen, the iPad Mini folds in four. Very flexible and easy to bend...

Does it work fine? If it does, stop complaining about every single detail. You don't like it, go back to the shop and return it.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Your post makes it sound like they had to the weight down. Yes they made it thinner and lighter. I'd prefer a few more grams of weight if that means the glass is going to be that much more sturdier.

There comes a point in a design that a product is too light or too thin, and I wonder if the mini has approached that threshold

I agree. There is no way that Apple can give the users both thinner and lighter with out sacrificing structural integrity. The iPhone 5 is another example as we are seeing people bend and dent their phones much more than the 4 and 4S.

I could, with ease, put up with the 5 being the same thickness and weight (or more) as the 4 or 4S.

How far will Apple go to try to WOW its customers before they complain about loss of quality. I think we are there now. :apple:

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
:D

Every Apple product gets criticized for something like this, usually several such things. For the most part, they fall into what I think of as "Hmmm, kinda starchy" complaints. I get that from an old Bloom County strip in which Opus called 911 after eating a green banana or something. The operator asked him what was wrong, and he said something like, "I dunno, it's my tongue. Feels kinda starchy." Then the operator hung up on him.

Lol... :D I loved Bloom County. In fact, gonna see if I can dig up one of their books somewhere.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
ok, idk if glass is supposed to do this, but when i add pressure to my screen it feels like a resistive touch screen instead of a capacitive touch screen like its supposed to be, im wondering if its really glass?

idk it doesnt feel like the ipad 2 which i had before where i can add pressure and, of course the glass wouldnt bend. and i can literally hover my finger over my iphone 4s and it would pick up touch gestures, but sometimes on the ipad mini it takes several attmpts to even open an app, or press the little x on the corner of an ad.

anyone else noticing this?

I made some statemenst like this... But thats dangerous on this forum. Cos if you're not a almost religous fanboy you'll just be told you are doing it wrong.

My iPad Mini screen is a joke. It's soft, it bends, the colours under youre fingers blur... Quality stinks... Build cost 1$ .. For sale for $1.000.000 - Apples new standard since the dissapointment with Mountain Lion. Since then NOTHING NEW and MOST SUDDENLY NOTHING GOOD. Everything since then has been a downgrade.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
Guys, it's fine. It's like one of those glow sticks where you bend it and it lights up. just keep bending it back and forth and it becomes a Retina screen. An in app purchase box comes up for $99.99 to upgrade to retina. Loving my ipad mini retina. Just did it myself.

Ok on serious note Nexus 7 does literally bend even more than this, just normal.imo

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I made some statemenst like this... But thats dangerous on this forum. Cos if you're not a almost religous fanboy you'll just be told you are doing it wrong.

My iPad Mini screen is a joke. It's soft, it bends, the colours under youre fingers blur... Quality stinks... Build cost 1$ .. For sale for $1.000.000 - Apples new standard since the dissapointment with Mountain Lion. Since then NOTHING NEW and MOST SUDDENLY NOTHING GOOD. Everything since then has been a downgrade.

If you make statements like the one above, then you deserve to have people rip on you. Having legitimate concerns about quality is one thing. Being a drama queen is another. Build cost is much more than $1, sale price is much less than $1000. Yes, your post is sarcastic, but it's also overly dramatic. You don't have to like the Mini, or Mountain Lion, or anything else. But that doesn't mean that other people are prohibited from liking them and expressing their own opinions. Surprise surprise, not everyone likes the same things.

There's people here that think everything Apple does is perfect...and people here that think everything Apple does is crap. Those of us that can use our brains realize that the truth is somewhere in the middle. But the drama is unnecessary and not very useful to discussion.

jon3543

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
I agree. There is no way that Apple can give the users both thinner and lighter with out sacrificing structural integrity. The iPhone 5 is another example as we are seeing people bend and dent their phones much more than the 4 and 4S.

Maybe it's not a good idea after all to keep one's phone in one's back pocket and rest one's girthy frame on it, eh?

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Mine makes a click noise and I can barely feel it every once and a while when I grasp it around the camera area

You guys think I should take it back???

mine does this too, I noticed that the clicking is actually the edge of the screen where it meets the chamfered edge, they are rubbing against each other.

I'm going to the Apple store tonight to get it looked at.

Art1stic

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
mine does this too, I noticed that the clicking is actually the edge of the screen where it meets the chamfered edge, they are rubbing against each other.

I'm going to the Apple store tonight to get it looked at.

I ended up taking back my mini. I couldn't handle the lower gen tech, the non retina, the low quality build.

Yeah I loved the form factor, the design, and portability.

But the cons outweighed the pros.

Now I'm back in business with my ipad 4. Man this thing is a power house! I can't believe how much I missed retina. :D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.