Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Credit card protection?

Hm. Not really familiar with cc protection. Not even sure what I'd be asking them for. Would they reverse the charge and then I'd stick best buy with this broken iPad? That wouldn't be right... Or would they somehow help to cover the $219? Curious.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
apple just sent the following by email

Good news - we plan to ship your iPad in the next five business days. We'll email you with a tracking number and carrier information once your iPad is on the way.
Additionally, you can now view your delivery date and order details by visiting apple.com/orderstatus.
The Apple Store

marano

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2003
New Jersey
Called and received the same story that they have a lot of iPads to ship and they can't get it to me any quicker but when I pressed the issue they gave me a free Apple Smart Case "for my trouble" and now my iPad shows a delivery date of 11/19.

Glockcubed

macrumors member
May 24, 2011
Why in the world would she credit you back for your smart case for no reason? I'm calling lies on this one.

Hey, I was totally surprised about the credit also. She said that it would show up in 3-5 days on my card. I think her name was Diedra? This is my story, and I'm sticking to it.:) Its the truth, I have no need to lie about it.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Figures. I had it shipped to work. I'm off that week. And I can't change the delivery address since the adapter I ordered with it already shipped.

I just changed the shipping address on my 64GB Verizon mini, and I had already received the smart cover that was a part of the order. The rep assured me that I would still receive it on the 21st.

Just got an email confirming the changed shipping address.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
apple just sent the following by email

Good news - we plan to ship your iPad in the next five business days. We'll email you with a tracking number and carrier information once your iPad is on the way.
Additionally, you can now view your delivery date and order details by visiting apple.com/orderstatus.
The Apple Store

I just received the same e-mail. My original delivery was "by Nov. 23rd".

Glockcubed

macrumors member
May 24, 2011
Me to, just received the same email.

Additionally, you can now view your delivery date and order details by visiting bla bla bla.

As to why people are getting different responses, maybe the management is different at the different call centers? I must have "lucked" out and got an "easy" phone rep.:rolleyes:

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
voip should work well enough over lte eh? I haven't had the pleasure of trying it.

it would be speakerphone only though :-/

Yes, I use the iPod touch with a MIFI device. VOIP works great. No contract and cost is way lower than Cell. If you need a lot of features then you must stick with cell. Eventually the market will shift to VOIP. Competition will drive it.
All cell features can be available on VOIP. Just a matter of someone doing it.

----------

heh, I believe it is possible with google voice with talkatone (no extra fees) or a similar service. The experience would lack the Apple polish though. My experience with voip over 3g has been spotty at best.

I've heard people with ipod touch's making calls over wifi this way. I'd be curious if it worked well over LTE. Could save some major $$ avoiding the voice plans.

It works great for me. I use the iPod touch with a MIFI ,and use Skype VOIP.
I have voice mail and an internet phone number. Save a ton of money. :)
As I mentioned in another post, if you need a lot of features it won't work for you until it becomes more mainstream and they start having all the cell features.

NeedMoreVideo

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
I have a Nov 23rd date for a 64gb iPad4 ATT.

I called them as well as my office (the shipping address) is closed the day after Thanksgiving.

They changed the shipping address to my house and credited me a free smart cover...

I didn't ask or mention the smart cover at all, they just did it. :D

Gopiballava

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
I just called Apple, and asked them to upgrade me to next day shipping. My AT&T mini now shows a delivery date of Nov 16.:
"Available to ship: 5 business days
Delivers Nov 16 via Next Day Shipping"

I have no idea what will actually happen. Honestly, I suspect that they will ship them all the same method to arrive on the day that they appear in stores. They are going to be shipping millions of these all at once. All the previous launches have involved Apple shipping the product a bit early and having FedEx hold on to them so they don't arrive early.

I don't think that Apple will pay any attention at all to the shipping method listed in the store. Product launches are carefully planned, timed events that happen to a schedule. They don't really use standard FedEx services. They have special deals and, I would guess, plan in advance with FedEx so they know when to expect the fleet of airplanes with iPads.

That being said, if the mini is in stores before I get mine, I will attempt to buy one at a store and return the unopened box when mine comes in the mail. But I ain't waiting all night at the Apple Store.

Daveruby

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2010
I called the first time and they wouldn't change it (for the same reasons as others have stated). The second time I called, I did everything through the automated system until I asked for expedited delivery and then I was transferred to a live person who changed it to next day for delivery on the 16th.

Glockcubed

macrumors member
May 24, 2011
I have a Nov 23rd date for a 64gb iPad4 ATT.

I called them as well as my office (the shipping address) is closed the day after Thanksgiving.

They changed the shipping address to my house and credited me a free smart cover...

I didn't ask or mention the smart cover at all, they just did it. :D

We're not liars:D

s2obed

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
Okay, so after calling people liars I take it back. I called again and I spoke to someone who said he could try to expedite my shipping but it could possibly cause the system to cancel my order but I said let's try it anyway. My new delivery date is November 16 (next day shipping). He said I shouldn't get charged for next day but if I do he made a note to remove that next day shipping charge. I wasn't offered a free Smart Cover though.

jeme

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Wow, November 21st and 23rd are not mid November to me! Bummer. I had a November 23rd date and called and the best they could do in November 21st.

I will just go to a store and buy one if they have them first. Kind of silly for them to have them in the stores first as I am sure I am probably not ht eonly one doing this. Oh well.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
I couldn't get bumped up to one day, but they bumped my date up to the 21st, I'm not complaining! :)

hCq3C.png

I am actually leaving for Spain, so I am glad to see this article. Thanks Apple! :apple:

Elcuria

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Great forum, been following for several years.

After reading this thread, I called Apple to see if they could modify my shipping. they did change from Standard to Next Day. I had my credit card out to pay the difference but they said there was no cost. That surprised me...

What my status shows is:

iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular for Verizon 16GB - Black & Slate
Available to ship:* 5 business days
Delivers* Nov 16 via Next Day Shipping, before noon

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
OMG, where do you all shop that sells pants with such ginormous pockets? I'm not a small guy, and the iPad isn't "huge" but I can't imagine putting it in my pocket. LOL

People with clown-sized pockets should have no real problems with it.

----------

I bought an iPad mini yesterday. As soon as I got home, I got out of the car, it slipped out of my hand, and the screen shattered. Brand new, and its ruined. Unbelievable.

Noooooooo!

That's a real bummer. My condolences.

Did you get AppleCare?

Elcuria

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
No luck for me. They said the shipping could not be changed. I wasn't offered a smartcover either, dang it

I wonder if Apple has a system that offers different uplifts to shipping, etc based on factors such as dollar amounts of purchaes by a customer, etc.? I've bought several thousand dollars of Apple products over the past year (almost all for work, which then reimburses me) and maybe that amount gets plugged into some sort of formula?

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Why people will be interested in this outdated spec?

Because it is the new thing for sale by Apple. It's like the iPad but a lot cheaper. It's cute and stuff and its new and Apple makes it.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
Weird, I just got an email that mine now changed again to Next Day shipping. It used to be 2-3 days. WOO

cHklK.png

:apple:

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I wonder if Apple has a system that offers different uplifts to shipping, etc based on factors such as dollar amounts of purchaes by a customer, etc.? I've bought several thousand dollars of Apple products over the past year (almost all for work, which then reimburses me) and maybe that amount gets plugged into some sort of formula?

I doubt it. I've done almost the same just in the past 2 months between iPhones & iPads for myself & family. I was finally able to get my shipping updated so I'm a happy camper.

wrongcoast

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2009
LA
Received this info from Apple:

iPad with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular for AT&T 64GB - Black $829.00
Ships: 5 business days
Delivers: Nov 16 via Next Day Shipping, before noon
Recycling Fee $6.00

YAHOO! Now we need AAPL to begin the climb back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.