Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenryBishop

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
New York
No that makes sense, I was just curious. I actually was wondering because I was thinking about getting a black mini at some point and wanted to make sure you didn't have some flaws that I didn't know about.

No flaws whatsoever. I've read snippets on "scuffgate" regarding the Minis, but mine came out of the box in beautiful, pristine condition. It's a great device, and I could care less if it doesn't have retina display, but I like to match since my iPhone 5 is going to be delivered tomorrow. It's either I wait until BestBuy has white 32GB minis or I swap.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
Just a heads up. I ordered a black 32 gb and white 16 FB on 10/26 and never had an order update. Just got off the phone with Verizon and he said my order didn't go through. After it went to fraud it fell off and nothing I can do but reorder them. Luckily tomorrow is the last day to still have ship date of 11/16. Sucks I've been waiting for nothing.

Just left Verizon store and the guy said he's heard of that happening before. Did another order and still have the 16th ship date and e said I might have it around the 13th. If they lose this one I'm sticking with AT&T.

mw217

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Fed Ex shipment stolen in NY - insurance?

Long-time reader, first-time poster. I ordered a 16GB phone in-store on 10/16. It was shipped Fed Ex and delivered to my house in Brooklyn, NY on Monday. My elderly landlady, who lives on the first floor signed for the delivery at 4 p.m. and Fed Ex left the package on the table inside our front door. Unfortunately, between 4 p.m. and 5:30 when my roommate got home, the package was stolen off the table. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with recent shipments?

We are the only tenants, renting the top floor, with the landlady and her friend living downstairs, so there is no foot traffic besides us. There's a gate and steps leading up to the front of the house, so it's not super easy for some random person to peek inside. We've never had mail stolen before, and on Monday there were other packages and mail sitting on the table, which were still there at 5:30. Only the iphone box was taken. This makes me think it's likely to have been someone with knowledge of the chain of Verizon orders and Fed Ex shipments (apologies to them if I am wrong).

A few questions -- is it correct that the iphones ship in "discreet" boxes? They don't scream "APPLE" or "IPHONE" or anything on the return address, do they?

Also, I purchased Total Equipment Coverage with the phone through Verizon -- I am about to call the third party that handles claims, Asurion. Has anyone had experiences with them, or would anyone happen to know if they're likely to cover the phone before I've activated it (but after purchase)?

Sorry if this has been addressed here before. Thanks for any advice. All things considered, it's not the end of the world, but obviously a big annoyance and a bummer.

SavMBP15

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
2 x iPhone 16GB (1 white, 1 black)
Ordered in store: 10/23
Credit Card Charged: 11/6
Tracking Info posted: not yet
Ship Date: not yet
Received: N/A

Tracking Info Posted: 11/7
Ship Date: 11/7
Receive: Expected delivery on 11/9 by 7pm (Savannah, GA)

musiddiqui

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2010
really? 16G black can't ship recently ??? i ordered on oct26. i mean you received e-mail from verizon about shipping?

I ordered online and never received any confirmation email so called Verizon on 11/05 and was told that even though I did not get the confirmation email they still have my order on their system and I should expect my shipment after 11/16 because of a shortage of black 16gb iPhones. Haven't received shipping email yet, hopefully they won't take too long.

zsk1992

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2012
I ordered online and never received any confirmation email so called Verizon on 11/05 and was told that even though I did not get the confirmation email they still have my order on their system and I should expect my shipment after 11/16 because of a shortage of black 16gb iPhones. Haven't received shipping email yet, hopefully they won't take too long.

where you are? which state ?

----------

where you are? which state ?:D

thefurion

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2009
huh.. I didn't expect this but I ordered on 11/5 with estimated ship date of 11/16 and it already shipped on 11/6 o_O..

64gb white btw. Maybe no one wants the 64gigs?

zsk1992

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2012
huh.. I didn't expect this but I ordered on 11/5 with estimated ship date of 11/16 and it already shipped on 11/6 o_O..

64gb white btw. Maybe no one wants the 64gigs?

really!~~ congratulation~~! oh my god my 16G black .... i wait for 2weeks , but still no charge on my bank card .

hecalder

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
International Falls, MN
no update yet

I had a change in status since yesterday:

We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet. What does that mean?:confused:
They took my money from my account as of today!
ok no change in status, called Verizon... and transfered to online customer service, they said they could not see when it will ship either but they do show payment was taken.. they said check back tomorrow,, meanwhile status still shows... payment not taken online and no ship date anymore.... :(
by the way it is 2 16gb black iphone5's and original order date was 10/21 and when it did show it said ship by 11/16... I hope it shows up soon... sigh!!!

Last edited:

hipshotdisaster

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
the suspense is killing me

My fiance and I each ordered a 16GB White Iphone 5 in-store on 10/30. We also got the by 11/16 ship date, of course. The sales guy at the Verizon store confirmed what a few of you have said about them coming in around a week early (which would be Friday, but I'm not really holding my breath). I overdid it in hyping myself up for this phone and now the waiting is all the worse for it. Even so, what's another week?

My question is, for any of you that ordered in-store, does the preorder shipping info change status just the same as if we had ordered them online?

hecalder

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
International Falls, MN
They shipped!!

ok no change in status, called Verizon... and transfered to online customer service, they said they could not see when it will ship either but they do show payment was taken.. they said check back tomorrow,, meanwhile status still shows... payment not taken online and no ship date anymore.... :(
by the way it is 2 16gb black iphone5's and original order date was 10/21 and when it did show it said ship by 11/16... I hope it shows up soon... sigh!!!

11/07/12 4:06 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38185, US Picked up
11/07/12 12:36 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
estimated arrival 11/09/12:cool::);):apple:

----------

My fiance and I each ordered a 16GB White Iphone 5 in-store on 10/30. We also got the by 11/16 ship date, of course. The sales guy at the Verizon store confirmed what a few of you have said about them coming in around a week early (which would be Friday, but I'm not really holding my breath). I overdid it in hyping myself up for this phone and now the waiting is all the worse for it. Even so, what's another week?

My question is, for any of you that ordered in-store, does the preorder shipping info change status just the same as if we had ordered them online?
yes.. on the preorder.. and keep an eye they are shipping about 1 week earlier.. so you might have them shipped by friday!

hipshotdisaster

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Awesome. I figured it would, but a week's worth of checking an unchanging pre-order status is wearing on me >.<

----------

Of course, now that I said that I went and checked the status again and it changed from "order is in process" with an 11/16 ship date to "sent for processing" with no ship date. From what I've seen this at least means they're ready to be moved somewhere, which is encouraging :)

MartyF81

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago IL
Long-time reader, first-time poster. I ordered a 16GB phone in-store on 10/16. It was shipped Fed Ex and delivered to my house in Brooklyn, NY on Monday. My elderly landlady, who lives on the first floor signed for the delivery at 4 p.m. and Fed Ex left the package on the table inside our front door. Unfortunately, between 4 p.m. and 5:30 when my roommate got home, the package was stolen off the table. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with recent shipments?

We are the only tenants, renting the top floor, with the landlady and her friend living downstairs, so there is no foot traffic besides us. There's a gate and steps leading up to the front of the house, so it's not super easy for some random person to peek inside. We've never had mail stolen before, and on Monday there were other packages and mail sitting on the table, which were still there at 5:30. Only the iphone box was taken. This makes me think it's likely to have been someone with knowledge of the chain of Verizon orders and Fed Ex shipments (apologies to them if I am wrong).

A few questions -- is it correct that the iphones ship in "discreet" boxes? They don't scream "APPLE" or "IPHONE" or anything on the return address, do they?

Also, I purchased Total Equipment Coverage with the phone through Verizon -- I am about to call the third party that handles claims, Asurion. Has anyone had experiences with them, or would anyone happen to know if they're likely to cover the phone before I've activated it (but after purchase)?

Sorry if this has been addressed here before. Thanks for any advice. All things considered, it's not the end of the world, but obviously a big annoyance and a bummer.

1. If FedEx did not deliver the box to you personally, they are responsible. You did not consent for them to deliver it to another person. Call them.

2. The boxes are pretty discrete, but are also well known. They just say the shipper is "AI" (which stands for Apple Inc.). Other than that there is just an address. But anyone who has ordered from Apple would know it.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
Just left Verizon store and the guy said he's heard of that happening before. Did another order and still have the 16th ship date and e said I might have it around the 13th. If they lose this one I'm sticking with AT&T.

Now the money has been taken out for the first order. The guy I talked to didn't know what he was doing. My order was there the whole time. Shipping info now has a blank spot for tracking number. I had to cancel my second order I did yesterday. At least they are getting shipped soon.

Got shippment tracking number and my phones will be here Monday by 7pm. Now I need to do a restore on my phone and take the jailbreak off. It sucks I will be without a jailbreak until new one comes out but I'm hoping having the 5 is worth the wait of it.

Last edited:

s4yunkim

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2009
Just a heads up. I ordered a black 32 gb and white 16 FB on 10/26 and never had an order update. Just got off the phone with Verizon and he said my order didn't go through. After it went to fraud it fell off and nothing I can do but reorder them. Luckily tomorrow is the last day to still have ship date of 11/16. Sucks I've been waiting for nothing.

I ordered mine on 10/31 (Black, 64GB) and hadn't seen any updates as of 11/7, so I called verizon and sure enough, my order was stuck in the fraud department. I had to fax in a bunch of documents to prove I was who the order said I was, and they immediately reinstated my order. I checked American Express' website and they are showing a charge for the iPhone on 11/7, so I'm guessing the order is getting ready to ship? Here's hoping...

Crappy thing was, Verizon never notified me of the fact that the order needed verification. They had all my information right, but had I not called I would have lost my pre-order! :(

robo74

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2004
Rockford, IL
Ordered a black 32gb in store on 11/6, shipped by 11/15 is what I was told.
Got notification today (11/8) that it has shipped. Tracking on fedex website says 11/12 delivery.

No complaints on my end.

Rob

hipshotdisaster

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Well, to update...

2x 16GB White iPhone 5
Ordered in-store on 10/30
Shipping info went blank 11/7
Called Verizon today to ask about shipping, they said it had shipped and it would be 3-4 days.
Checked shipping status again an hour later and the tracking number was up.
UPS says delivery by 4:30PM 11/12

All in all, only two weeks wait :)

Good luck to all those still waiting!

EDIT: And for all those wondering, we did get the confirmation email (one for each iphone, actually) but the status on verizon's page still just says "sent for processing" with no dates or anything so... don't believe 'em!

David2395

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2012
Ordered 16GB black on the 5th. Wondering if im going to get a ship confirm soon. Probably wishfull thinking. When do you thibk i might get a shipping confirm email?

hecalder

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
International Falls, MN
almost here

looks like I will get them tomorrow.. see my previous threads...
11/08/12 4:23 PM GRAND FORKS, ND 58203, US At destination sort facility
11/08/12 2:07 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38118, US Departed FedEx location
11/07/12 5:02 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38118, US Arrived at FedEx location
11/07/12 4:45 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38185, US Left FedEx origin facility
11/07/12 4:06 PM MEMPHIS, TN 38185, US Picked up
2 16gb black Iphone 5's
;):D:eek:

CaMike

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
I ordered my 16gb Black/Slate on 11/3 with an estimated 11/16 ship date.
Order # 374xxx
Does anyone around my details have any changes yet ?

Last edited:

1234fif

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
I ordered my 16gb Black/Slate on 11/3 with an estimated 11/16 ship date.
Order # 374xxx
Does anyone around my details have any changes yet ?

I ordered a black 16gb the same day as you around 7:20 ish PT. I'm really hoping for an update tomorrow. Everyone that ordered black 16gb's seem to have the longest waits. The 32gb's and 64gb's seem to ship very fast, as I seen someone on here ordered a 32gb on Monday and it shipped a couple of days later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.