Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manito2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Today I returned mi iPad Mini to Target. Yesterday I was using it and was trying to convince myself that it was the perfect screen size. However, I got a headache after about 5 minutes of use. This morning I did the same and again headache. Must be the small screen size...straining my eye sight. Who knows...

Anyway...I am debating between the iPad2 or refurbished iPad3. Is it worth getting the refurbished iPad3? I noticed I can buy and pick up at the Apple store...

Also, I got the protective cover for the Mini through the online Apple store. Is this something that I can return at one of their walk-in stores?

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Interesting, I reported in another thread that the mini suffers from significant reflections.

Lance-AR

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Yes, you should be able to return the cover at the Apple Store without any issues.

I would recommend getting the refurbished 3. Aside from it being a good deal price wise, the iPad 2 will have lower pixels per inch than the iPad mini and may hurt your eyes as the mini did.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Mine was causing headaches also. Yesterday morning I returned it and bought a 4. I have used it a good 6-7 hours without any issues..

manito2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
I would also love the iPad4 but $499 is a bit much.

Also, checked the Apple Store and they are all out of the 16gb iPad 3 :(

xplocvo

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
What's Target's return policy for iPads? It's not really clear on the website if they can be returned opened or if there is a restocking fee. I was planning on getting a Mini at Best Buy in case I end up not liking it, since they have no restocking fee.

manito2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Target was pretty simple. Simply said that I needed to return. They also asked if it was defective and I said no. That was it - pretty simple.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
My best buy gave me a $40 gift card that I can return and get cash back for which helped on the price. I simply asked if they would match targets $40 gift card offer and without even checking to see if it was still going on she said no problem.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I dont think you should compare mini with the best selling Ipad 2. I do not think that screen resolution is the part that gave him headache but the screen size as he mentioned in the thread.

I suggest get the Ipad 2 and use it for a year. There are no problem with battery and heat. Ipad 4 is still not so perfect in the sense that people around here don't even want to upgrade from their Ipad 3. Wait another year, apple should find way to make retina ipad with thinner body and lighter. I hope.

Save some bucks, Ipad 2 should still be supported for another year as it is still in apple store along with Ipad 4. Ipad 3, on a contrary.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
You lost all credibility when u suggested buying an iPad 2 after complaining about the minis

screen

I think the OP said the size of the screen was giving him headaches not the resolution. Size as in the font is small. I've had the same issues. Safari is awful on the mini. Resolution I can live with. Size I'm not so sure either.

iPad 2 is bigger than the mini ;)

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
First the iPhone 5's noise cancelling causing headache, now the iPad Mini screen. Must be headache-gate! :p

Never had any issue with either of them. Have used my Mini for multiple hours straight, no problems whatsoever. :rolleyes:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
You'll used to it after 2 days of using when I first used it the first think I said to was wow a lot of glare but now I'm used to it and don't even notice this.

Have to reread your post like 3 times to finally get what you were saying. No, no, no you shouldn't try to get used to gadget. It has to impress you at first sight because you pay for them with money from you pocket, no?

zurichuk

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Probably was the extra strain, had this last year. I can actually focus near-sight, but because I started to get headaches, on a daily basis, I got my eyes tested. Have reading glasses now, no headaches. Might be worth a test.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
if money is issue, then def get the refurbished iPad 3. you're obviously getting headaches from the screen so switching to retina will help you. the 3 is still a great device!

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I got rid on my mini within only a few hours, BEFORE it gave me a headache. My 4 LTE will arrive soon!

Choice is always better.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2011
Android is dead...

Its Linix.

And now windows 8 is out.

After using the nexus 7, I have to say the keyboard is amazing at predictions. Screen is incredible and way better than the iPad 3. Plus the UI across system apps are awesome.

Only problem is that there are not much good tablry apps just larger phone apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.