Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone joe

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
NY
The website continues to say only mid November, Does anyone know an actual date?

awake

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
NY
I don't believe an actual date has been given, if I'm wrong someone please correct me. :confused:

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
You're not wrong. A concrete date hasn't been released yet. I find that really silly of apple to be honest.

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
I just don't get it. Went to several stores over the last 2 weeks, as I was on vacation and decided to do a little shopping.

It is November.... a month and a half until Christmas...

1) Looked for a Kindle Paperwhite - no one had them in a retail store, despite being released a month ago. Amazon.com is showing a mid-December ship date.

2) Looked for an iPad Mini. Not one to be found in a retail store. Then I realized that the one with mobile services wasn't even available yet.

3) Looked for a Surface tablet. Half or the sales people at the stores didn't even know what I was talking about. They are sold out online.

4) Looked for an iPhone 5. Again, none in stock, 3-4 week shipping estimate.

With the holiday season quickly approaching, why are these items not widely available? Is it to create the usual mayhem around the holidays? I would think that they would sell more product if units were more easily obtainable.

If the iPad Mini is supposed to be the big Christmas item, how could there not be a known release date yet?

I'm bored playing this game. If you don't have at least a substantial quantity of available product to meet a reasonable demand, don't drive me nuts. You're losing my attention. At this point, I've decided to keep my old Kindle 3, my iPad 3, my iPhone 4, and what little interest I had in a Windows 8 tablet has waned.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
You're not wrong. A concrete date hasn't been released yet. I find that really silly of apple to be honest.

Why do you think it is "silly"?

I am waiting on my ordered iPad 4 LTE but would rather Apple say no date than give me one and it be wrong. Things can/have gone wrong on the production line at Foxcom and I think Apple is just being a little conservative of which I can not hold them at blame.:)

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Anything mini cellular that would be available in mid November was sold on Pre-order.

I am finding mini's and iPhones on the reservation system but you do have to haunt the web every night looking for one.

Just strolling into a store? It's only going to get worse between now and the end of December.

The difference between Apple production and say a Microsoft.
Apple Knows what to expect, sources parts, runs lines continuously, and is only limited by production capacity.
A Microsoft and other's will contract to build a batch and see what happens. They then wait in line for another production run.

Apples demand has always exceed production capacity.
The answer isn't always more plants but plants that can build defect free products even with problems sourced from multiple vendors.

With all the stores and outlets and just in time production I don't think it will ever be a commodity shopping experience.

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Why do you think it is "silly"?

I am waiting on my ordered iPad 4 LTE but would rather Apple say no date than give me one and it be wrong. Things can/have gone wrong on the production line at Foxcom and I think Apple is just being a little conservative of which I can not hold them at blame.:)

Because it's not like the ipads are set for a release all the way next year or something. There supposed to be released this month so why not just give us a date? I would personally have that and I would be okay with the chance it would come a couple days late... as long as I know roughly when it's supposed to be shiiped.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Because it's not like the ipads are set for a release all the way next year or something. There supposed to be released this month so why not just give us a date? I would personally have that and I would be okay with the chance it would come a couple days late... as long as I know roughly when it's supposed to be shiiped.

What happens if Apple just plain does not have a date yet. How old are you?

I got my date, the 23rd. :p

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
What happens if Apple just plain does not have a date yet. How old are you?

I got my date, the 23rd. :p

how old are you? why are you looking to argue with someone? my previous posts in this thread are my own opinion.

----------

any Canadian users get their ship date yet for ipad 4 with cellular?

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
how old are you? why are you looking to argue with someone? my previous posts in this thread are my own opinion.

----------

any Canadian users get their ship date yet for ipad 4 with cellular?

And I am not entitled to have an opinion? You are getting to upset over nothing. :p

Apple will let you know when your silly date is released.

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
And I am not entitled to have an opinion? You are getting to upset over nothing. :p

Apple will let you know when your silly date is released.

The way you responded to my post with your "opinion" was arrogant and rude. My age has nothing to do with an ipad release date. If you have opinions on my questions, and they happen to be rude, don't bother sharing them with us. I'm not on here to have rude conversations about apple products.....

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I just don't get it. Went to several stores over the last 2 weeks, as I was on vacation and decided to do a little shopping.

It is November.... a month and a half until Christmas...

1) Looked for a Kindle Paperwhite - no one had them in a retail store, despite being released a month ago. Amazon.com is showing a mid-December ship date.

2) Looked for an iPad Mini. Not one to be found in a retail store. Then I realized that the one with mobile services wasn't even available yet.

3) Looked for a Surface tablet. Half or the sales people at the stores didn't even know what I was talking about. They are sold out online.

4) Looked for an iPhone 5. Again, none in stock, 3-4 week shipping estimate.

With the holiday season quickly approaching, why are these items not widely available? Is it to create the usual mayhem around the holidays? I would think that they would sell more product if units were more easily obtainable.

If the iPad Mini is supposed to be the big Christmas item, how could there not be a known release date yet?

I'm bored playing this game. If you don't have at least a substantial quantity of available product to meet a reasonable demand, don't drive me nuts. You're losing my attention. At this point, I've decided to keep my old Kindle 3, my iPad 3, my iPhone 4, and what little interest I had in a Windows 8 tablet has waned.

I know exactly what you mean man. I was excited about iPhone 5 and no longer care, I was excited about iPad mini and no longer care. They keep releasing in more countries and can't even put stock on shelves at any store here in Dallas.

My wife who is like obsessed with iPhone is annoyed also and thinking of another option.

If this is what apple has become I may be sitting out in the future

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
The way you responded to my post with your "opinion" was arrogant and rude. My age has nothing to do with an ipad release date. If you have opinions on my questions, and they happen to be rude, don't bother sharing them with us. I'm not on here to have rude conversations about apple products.....

How about "silly" conversations?:p

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
It's really surprising we haven't got a date for the Cellular models yet. What are Apple playing at?

Dont say that to loud ! Some of these forum members who aren't waiting for their iPad to come are quick to mock us for wanting a more concrete ship date.

----------

The fact is a lot of us in other countries are still getting "late november" which can mean anything from the 20-30th and were just curious about what that exactly means to apple.

awake

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
NY
Apple store is saying will ship in 7 days so maybe it'll be available this Friday the 16th?

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I checked my credit card this morning and saw that an authorization was done for the amount yesterday.y My delivery date is sitting at the 23rd.

They should probably start arriving in AT&T/Apple stores that week?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.