Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulgandersman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
So I just put a cygnett anti glare screen protector on my ipad mini. It fits perfectly. But the screen now has this kind of... Fuzzy look all over it. Don't know how else to explain it. Also when I'm swiping on the screen there is now an audible ssshhhh sound. Is this look and sound going to go away with use? Or is this part of the protector here to stay?

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
don't know about the sound, but I have never got on with anti-glare screen protectors as they tend to reduce the clarity of text adding a very fine texture to remove the glossy nature of the screen.

Some people might comment that they are surprised you can tell the difference on the mini screen :) Have a crystal clear protector on mine which does the job nicely. Can't say I've had an issue with reflections but it is almost always used indoors.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
So I just put a cygnett anti glare screen protector on my ipad mini. It fits perfectly. But the screen now has this kind of... Fuzzy look all over it. Don't know how else to explain it. Also when I'm swiping on the screen there is now an audible ssshhhh sound. Is this look and sound going to go away with use? Or is this part of the protector here to stay?

Anti-glare protectors are terrible for screen quality. The screen is pretty tough, get a smart cover and a sleeve and you won't ever need a screen protector.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
If you're going to use a anti-glare protector I suggest the SGP version. Is the best one I've seen for clarity. It will still have some grain to it but that's just the way it is for anti-glare.

rebelmac

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Photodon should have the anti-glare sp soon. I like their protectors and they are nice people.

ptram

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
If you're going to use a anti-glare protector I suggest the SGP version. Is the best one I've seen for clarity.

I like their Ultra Optics I put on my iPad 2. Very transparent, while reducing the glare a good bit. I just took another one for the new iPad mini, but I will wait to see if glare is intolerable as in the older model, before putting it on.

Paolo

Macmar88

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
The best anti glare shield in my opinion is the Moshi iVisor. The shield itself is not thick at all and is very easy to apply. The sole reason I buy this shield is because the re-usablity <- (not sure it's a word). I love the matte look that anti glare provides, but for the times when you want the glorious screen I can take off the shield for a day and go back. Oh also it's $30 so not cheap, but not that bad. Got it from at&t by the way.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Not all Anti-Glare screen protectors are created equally. Some are much stronger than others can be worse than some of the anti-glare coating found on LCDs. I'm currently using the a Boxwave Anti-Glare and it's pretty good. When I first took it out I thought there was a mix up as it looked clear to me. Application went perfectly and the result has been much better than expected. Text and images are still clear, and colors still pop, especially in games like Bastion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.