Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bytes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Hello Internet!

I know that Apple have said: "21 inch iMac will be available in November!", and "27 inch iMac will be available in December!" but when ABOUTS in November? When ABOUTS in December? I know they are probably quite busy with getting the iPad mini out there, but I really really need to get my new iMac soon. Very soon.

Cheers

Bytes

Last edited:

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Hello Internet!

I know that Apple have said: "21 inch iMac will be available in November!", and "27 inch iMac will be available in December!" but when ABOUTS in November? When ABOUTS in December? I know they are probably quite busy with getting the iPad mini out there, but I really really need to get my new iMac soon. Very soon.

Cheers

Bytes

Apple has not given a date and anyone who gives a date is just guessing at this point. This probably isn't what you wanted to here. I myself am waiting for the 27" iMac.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Only 28 days of November left. They won't release it at the weekend so that leaves 20 days. It's most likely be in the next week or so you can place an order and then a two week wait for shipping. I'd guess at next Friday to allow the mini hype to die down a little.

Bytes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
I know!

I know that nobody knows, but I'm looking for educated guesses. Just rough estimations from a range of different people might give us a little insight.

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California
just sold 2 shares of AAPL in order to secure my iMac 21.5 as soon as preorders
open. I predict by the end of next week we'll be able to preorder.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
One can make another guess, and if the holiday start at 23.12
Then I guess we will see for sure both models by then.
So 23.12 is the last day to wait.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
One can make another guess, and if the holiday start at 23.12
Then I guess we will see for sure both models by then.
So 23.12 is the last day to wait.

Both models on December? Did you realize that 21.5" is coming this month? There's an orange label that is pointing this on apple website...

Lambros

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Hello Internet!

Cheers

Bytes

Hey Bytes, Apple has a tendency to release products on a Friday (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 3rd Gen, etc...to name a few). So, even though they don't always release on this day, statistically speaking, it has the highest probability.

I agree with the previous comment that they will leave a "buffer" time between the iPad mini and the iMac (which is their next product on the line). My prediction is for November 23 (or some time in the days preceding that, if not on a Friday). However, this is Black Friday, so I assume it would be somewhere between Friday 16 and 23 November (not including weekends). They will most likely have this product released by then.

The 27" (which is the one I'm awaiting), I expect to release on December 7 (also a Friday), early in the month, such that people have time to buy the product (and such that is doesn't sell out) before the holiday season.

Anyway, this is just a prediction. The dates seem to have good reason behind them though, or to me they do. So yeah, let me know what you think.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
My intuition tells me it will release on a Tuesday, Nov. 13 or 20 for the 21" and Dec. 4, 11, or 18 for the 27". If I recall correctly, I noticed that all of the Mac products were released and sold on a Tuesday (excluding the iMac of course), the rMBP 15", rMBP 13", and the other products this year. Nonetheless, let's hope it's earlier than later. I wouldn't want to wait till mid-December to finally purchase a maxed out 27" iMac and than receive it after Christmas. It would ruin my holiday festivities and also my time I get to spend with it over winter break.

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
I reckon the will sell the Imac on a Tuesday. And I would like to think it will be before Thanks Giving and Black Friday.

Here is hope that coming Tuesday will be the big date in the UK. Simply because I am off :D

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I agree with the previous comment that they will leave a "buffer" time between the iPad mini and the iMac.....

Not sure why anyone (including Apple sales strategists) thinks that a buffer is necessary between the 2 products. After all, iPad Mini is a completely different beast from an iMac. Most likely targeting different people who will have different needs for the respective machines.

In simpler terms... iMac and iPad (Mini) do not cannibalize each other's sales. Hence, the buffer is really unnecessary.

IMHO, the delay for the release of the iMac 21" is simply factory logistics. Those factory workers are still "ramping up" and assembling those machines so they could start shipping out in volume soon. FoxConn is probably asking their assembly workers to work overtime, so that a million of these can be shipped by the start of the Holiday Shopping Season (usually Thanksgiving in USA).

Glebster

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
I have the dumbest theory but I think I got it right. Novemeber 13 is the date, you can see a picture of brave illustrated on the iMacs and at the end of the page it says brave available November 13. So mark your calendars it's November 13 for the 21 inch.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
will they be in stores by the time they become available? or does it take a little after that?

EPiCDiNGO

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2012
I have the dumbest theory but I think I got it right. Novemeber 13 is the date, you can see a picture of brave illustrated on the iMacs and at the end of the page it says brave available November 13. So mark your calendars it's November 13 for the 21 inch.

Sorry but on the UK site it says this at the bottom of the page
Brave will be available on iTunes from 26 November 2012. Brave © Disney/Pixar. :( Does this mean the US will receive the iMacs before the UK release :apple: I am very upset by this news :mad:

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Sorry but on the UK site it says this at the bottom of the page
Brave will be available on iTunes from 26 November 2012. Brave © Disney/Pixar. :( Does this mean the US will receive the iMacs before the UK release :apple: I am very upset by this news :mad:

This doesn't mean anything for the iMac release date. It only means that the movie Brave will be released 13 days earlier in the United States. I don't think the poster was serious about this speculation to begin with ; )

Lambros

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Not sure why anyone (including Apple sales strategists) thinks that a buffer is necessary between the 2 products. After all, iPad Mini is a completely different beast from an iMac. Most likely targeting different people who will have different needs for the respective machines.

In simpler terms... iMac and iPad (Mini) do not cannibalize each other's sales. Hence, the buffer is really unnecessary.

IMHO, the delay for the release of the iMac 21" is simply factory logistics. Those factory workers are still "ramping up" and assembling those machines so they could start shipping out in volume soon. FoxConn is probably asking their assembly workers to work overtime, so that a million of these can be shipped by the start of the Holiday Shopping Season (usually Thanksgiving in USA).

It's not for you...it's for their shareholders (simply put).

To elaborate, at a shareholder meeting, when a firm (such as Apple) announces their upcoming products, they tend to spread these out over an extended period of time. If Apple released all their products at once, the share price would skyrocket and then plummet immediately after. Share price is based largely on supply and demand of a firm's stock, so this WOULD BE the result of Apple having no future sale prospects (until 2013).

Sure, factory logistics could play a part, but Apple was probably able to build this product months ago. There is a reason that Apple is the most valuable and most successful company in the world. And it isn't just based on the quality and demand for their products. Their CFO (Peter Oppenheimer) knows what he's doing to keep the firm high in the ranks...

bruceclay85

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Pretty sure this isn't right at all. Apple themselves stated they were having trouble producing parts for the iMac, thus the delay. Not to mention this was backed up by many sources. Yes, certain releases are to push certain fiscal quarter sales, but with the holidays coming up they have no reason whatsoever to delay the iMac for sales sake.

It's not for you...it's for their shareholders (simply put).

To elaborate, at a shareholder meeting, when a firm (such as Apple) announces their upcoming products, they tend to spread these out over an extended period of time. If Apple released all their products at once, the share price would skyrocket and then plummet immediately after. Share price is based largely on supply and demand of a firm's stock, so this WOULD BE the result of Apple having no future sale prospects (until 2013).

Sure, factory logistics could play a part, but Apple was probably able to build this product months ago. There is a reason that Apple is the most valuable and most successful company in the world. And it isn't just based on the quality and demand for their products. Their CFO (Peter Oppenheimer) knows what he's doing to keep the firm high in the ranks...

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
my guess is that the delay is due to shipping, because there is so much stuff to ship, iPhone is huge, then new iPad mini and iPad 4, MacBook Pro 13" and iMac this is just way too much stuff to ship all at once so I'm guessing they put iMac last in this regard.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
my guess is that the delay is due to shipping, because there is so much stuff to ship, iPhone is huge, then new iPad mini and iPad 4, MacBook Pro 13" and iMac this is just way too much stuff to ship all at once so I'm guessing they put iMac last in this regard.

It's easy, the demand of the iPhone and the rate of benefits/costs is bloody higher so Apple had better to set high priority to the iPhone. iMac is a profesional device (we're not talking about an iToy) , it's so expensive and the relation benefits/costs is lower than the iDevices. Because of that they have delayed it to November, but it's here! :apple:

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
It's easy, the demand of the iPhone and the rate of benefits/costs is bloody higher so Apple had better to set high priority to the iPhone. iMac is a profesional device (we're not talking about an iToy) , it's so expensive and the relation benefits/costs is lower than the iDevices. Because of that they have delayed it to November, but it's here! :apple:

ok but im not convinced that this is the case (hint: you dont work at Apple)

anyway heres an article about what happend during iPhone launch with shipping:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/fedex-preparing-for-huge-iphone-5-delivery-demands-starting-sept-21/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.