Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a screen protector?

• Yes

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 81 60.4%
  • Maybe So

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I don't because unlike my iPhone its not in my pocket and whenever it's not in use the Smart Cover protects the screen.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Nope.
Installing one seems like a nighmare. Plus I have a folio case that protects the screen quite well...

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Yeah, I generally use cases and try to be careful in general, but never use a screen protector. Never experienced one I thought didn't diminish the display and add some weird resistance to the touch surface.

I *might* put one on my little girl's Mini when we buy it.

n A R s

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Yeah i used screen protector coz i dont want to see any single scratch on my ipad/iphone..and i preferr to apply the screen protector on my own..yes i can!;)

Textureboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
When I'm getting the mini I'm not planning to use the screen protector if I have a smart cover :)

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Absolutely. My first ipad got a few scratches even though it was never used outside of the apple case. Ipad 2 also got scratched from my Smart Cover. The back of my iPhone 5 is already scratched and it has been in a candyshell since it came out of the box. The glass on these freaking things totally sucks.

TaylorMatsu

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Nope. On all my old smartphones I would but my last phone before my iPhone 5 was the first time I had no protector on at all. It was in my pocket all the time and subjected to the normal abuses by an 18 year old guy and no noticeable scratches. The same applies for my iPhone 5 and my recently acquired iPad Mini. I realized that I prefer the naked screen as opposed to the screen protector feel and look

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I think for Iphone, you can put screen protector on just for safety sake but Ipad, i dont think your finger nail can damage the glass plus if you have good case on like my moshi concerti :), there is no worry.

felch

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
I do on my phone and ipad. Diamond still scratches gorilla glass, and scratches screens lower resale value. I consider it insurance.

Bakari45

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Nope, but I did order a skin for the back, because i want to add a little character to the mini.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Always on iPhone.

Had it on iPad for a couple of months but it just wasn't very good. It just dulled the screen too much, although the anti-glare aspect was useful.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
I don't because unlike my iPhone its not in my pocket and whenever it's not in use the Smart Cover protects the screen.

Not for iPad but I am using for iPhone since it is in pocket all the time with keys and change and other things.

colshine

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
UK
I don't like screen protectors so I don't use them. I try to be careful, use the smart cover and hope for a bit of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.