Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
And I got a lot of flak for calling Apple "generous" in the iTunes relief thread....

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
oh who cares if a post like that is in this thread. Its the internet its a given.

Samsung to donate 3 million just to top that 2.5

Markiie

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Los Angeles, California.
This is disgusting. 2.5 million for a company that has 100 plus BILLION in CASH! All you people saying its nice of apple have no logic for money and how much apple is really worth. You are talking about one of the biggest disasters in US History and apple throws a little 2.5 million dollar check on the table and says "ok we did our part"

Like someone mention earlier this is pennies. It's almost sad in the sense that most of the people who were effected own apple products and the best apple can do is 2.5 million? Yet they spent 3 BILLION to bail out Sharp a non US company?

Sorry guys you won't find a bigger fan of their products as me but their business motto and how they are starting to operate is really getting annoying.

macthetiger85

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Something to prevent times of great need.

You want to build a wall on the Atlantic coast and gulf coast. A big big one so scary hurricanes don't pass? Or are u saying free ibunkers for everyone from apple? Cause the flooding wouldn't be good. I'm in Louisiana. As much can be done about a hurricane then an erupting volcano. At least the hurricane gives you a warning but that's it. So what's your idea to stop natural disasters from devastating lives? Don't forget to protect people from earthquakes and tsunamis too. :rolleyes:

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Donations aren't a competition. Understand that. Yes, apple don't donate as much as others but saying "too little too late" is just plain wrong

what they should of done is donated BEFORE the hurricane hit.

"This is 2.5 million in case something goes wrong......."

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Shame the money didnt go to a much more deserving causes.

this is like me or you giving a beggar a few pennies, id have been impressed if it had 2.5 Billion with a B..

I am far from an Apple apologist, but it seems no matter what Apple does in the way of charitable contributions, for some folks it's never enough.

Nightarchaon, have you given a larger percentage of your total worth to the Red Cross? If so, my compliments. If not, then shame on you...put your money where your mouth is.

Sensation, in one man's opinion, a silly and meangingless post.

thiagos

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2007
NYC (Manhattan)
It is so good to see Apple helping hurricane Sandy's victims. Although I have seen higher donations from private parties, it was a nice gesture.

BUT the fact that they announce it so publicly, it is all for publicity, sad but true.

bradgfromboo

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
This is disgusting. 2.5 million for a company that has 100 plus BILLION in CASH! All you people saying its nice of apple have no logic for money and how much apple is really worth. You are talking about one of the biggest disasters in US History and apple throws a little 2.5 million dollar check on the table and says "ok we did our part"

Like someone mention earlier this is pennies. It's almost sad in the sense that most of the people who were effected own apple products and the best apple can do is 2.5 million? Yet they spent 3 BILLION to bail out Sharp a non US company?

Sorry guys you won't find a bigger fan of their products as me but their business motto and how they are starting to operate is really getting annoying.

Do they still have 100+ Billion? After all... their stock is plummeting

IbisDoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2010

Have to agree with this sentiment, although you are sure to be lambasted by "Apple is God" crowd. $2.5 million from a company as wealthy as Apple is all about PR, and nothing about substantive assistance.

ironsienna

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2010
They should give for free any leftovers of old iPod touches to people that lost their houses and properties so they can play angry birds and forget their problems...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.