Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doggman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
I play off and on... I'm garbage and in bronze league but I'm gettin better and I'm lookin forward to HoTS :cool:

Anyone else play?

Rian Gray

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
NJ, United States
I do! Good to see fellow Mac user on SC2.

The mice behavior in mac version of SC2 really bothers me though. It has been changed, updated, and yes, it is better than from what is was. But I still can't manage to have a mice pointer in a exact location I want as I play.

Perhaps Blizzard will fix this soon as well. This is the only reason why I have bootcamp in my MBP: MICE in SC2 SIMPLY DOESNT WORK!

labars

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
The mouse behavior issues is not coming from SC2 itself, but rather from OS X. OS X reads mouse movement differently than Windows, and it's considered by many as one of OS X's major flaws. Fortunately though, there is people working on a solution, called "Smooth Mouse", and I encourage every one to take a look at their blog:

http://d43.me/blog/1465/smoothmouse-forum/

7h3Ch1ck3nM7n

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
I do, almost on a daily basis. Pretty fun, as I'm better than almost all of my friends. As for mouse issues, I don't notice anything, but maybe it's just me. Also can't wait for HoTS.

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
Since I have updated my SCII to the latest patches I think it performs better but the game crashes every time during the loading sequence after every mission. Is is the only game I play on OSX.

I don't play multiplayer but I have completed the single campaign on brutal. I just can't be bothered to get into it.

Looking forward to HotS but I hope they put more effort into the story and dialogue...WoL dialogue was pitiful compared to SC1.

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
I'm glad I checked the Battlenet after one year, because of this thread. My account was closed, because someone tried to get in my StarCraft 2 account. I could reactivate my account again with security question.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I play SC2 a lot! I am a gold leaguer so I'm not great either, but it's a great game.

As for the mouse movement, I use a Steelseries mouse and they have a driver that disables the feature that causes the inaccuracies... sometimes I play under Windows but I don't like restarting every time I want to play.

oklaonion

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
StarCraft II may be my favorite game and it has always played well on my Mac (on low - I have a low-end machine). I kind of got away from playing it recently though.

N33t

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
I am a big SCII fan. I appreciate that it is strong both as a single player and multiplayer game. I am really looking forward to HotS (assuming they fix some of the Warhound balance issues!).

...I like watching Husky's videos on youtube

If you want good SCII commentary I recommend Force Strategy Gaming. Significantly better than Husky imho (I know he is very popular but I find his style emo and juvenile).

Last edited:

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
I used to play on my 2011 MBA, but the micro-stuttering started causing me issues as I became better. I would say it worked well enough for what Mac users are used to, but as I had a custom PC, installed a EVGA 670 FTW and playing on a 46" HDTV was much more fun, and easier to look at the mini map (which is what you should be looking at 80% of the time)

Cakeove

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
Sc2 with 27 iMac!!!

I allways play. I have a 2011 iMac 27 3.4 ghz core i7 with Ati 6970 2gb DDR.

All details to the maximum levels. Running at 75 fps with 1440p of resolution. My audio systems its a Logitech z5500 5.1 setup with optical link to my Mac.

Didn't notice the mouse problems. I use a Logitech vx revolution to play. Magic mouse and trackpad to work.

In the previous version I experienced the crash in loading sometimes. After the last patch 1.5 never happened again

The.Walrus

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
Love the game! I've played it on and off since its release, and currently play on a 15" MBP (2011), with no mouse, but rather the trackpad (control groups are your friend).

While there's still plenty of room for improvement, I'm in Diamond league, so don't knock the trackpad play that hard.

coder12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
I play it (I have it installed externally now since it takes up so much disk space :) )

I can't wait for HoTS either, it's looking sweet!

Edit: The soundtrack for the game is probably one of my favorite parts, it's just as great as the original.

chevellian

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Hello guys, big SC2 fan and have it played since its release (Collector's Edition) so I have never experienced any mouse trouble, at first I used to play with my Magic Mouse but then I switched to a Razer Spectre (and Razer Banshee) and has worked well. With the Razer Spectre there's this know issue with the Phillips track sensor but never experienced as well, now both of my Razer devices are 1 year old.

As to my multiplayer performance I started in Bronze League (Season 1) and have been promoted to Platium and also demoted to Silver lol.

I started playing SC2 on a Early 2008 17" MBP on Low graphics settings, then I got a Early 2011 17" MBP on high settings, the game was fast but it took forever to load on multiplayer. Now I play on a Early 2012 15" rMBP and its beatiful, this beast can run it on Extreme or Insane settings with no problem.

It's good to see that the SC2 mac community is growing, hope see you guys on a match soon!

P.D. Sorry for my english I'm mexican so...

----------

Heart of the Swarm. It's the expansion of the game that's currently in beta, set to come out sometime next year.

Lol 4 days after your post the release date was announced, March 13 :D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.