Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
Hello I have an AT&T 32GB Black iPhone 5 and it seems that ever since the update to 6.0.1 my sleep/wake button does not work reliably. After numerous presses the button seems to work but it is extremely frustrating and I am not sure if it has anything to do with the update or if it is a faulty button. I am in the process of updating it to 6.1 to see if this will help. Thanks for the help!

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I haven't had any problems with the sleep and wake button. Does it have a click to it when pressed? Where did you find the iOS 6.1 update??? :confused:

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
Yes it clearly clicks in and just nothing happens. I just find it weird that it happened to break around the same time I updated my phone but things happen so I understand. And I am a developer so I have access to the update.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Was just going to edit post and say you gotz the beta lol. My button is super loose but still works. If I were you I'd try a quick restore and setup as new and if it persists head to the nearest apple store... Good luck:D

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
Well I have no clue what was wrong but it seems that updating to 6.1 fixed this problem. I will report back later if the problem comes back but as of now it works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.