Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Just tried it and I have the same thing on my iPhone 5. But to be honest I never ever need to scroll on my phone like in that video. And I've had the phone since day 1 and never experienced this in actual use so for me it's a non issue.

+1
I just replicated it as well (both upper-L to lower-R and upper-R to lower-L) and I still don't care.

Russell L

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
San Francisco
Just easily replicated the problem (using Mail's inbox, just like in the video) on my iPhone5. Also just tried Fruit Ninja, which was the first time I played it on my iP5 after upgrading from an iP4, and there was NO problem (at least in 'Zen' mode), even with long and quick continuous diagonal swipes. So.....no big deal......

RipeRetina

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Maryland
Is this a coincidence that I am feeling the affects of this glitch just this morning on the iphone 5? Personally, I blame macrumors. If you wouldn't have posted it, I might not be having this issue!

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
My iPhone 5 doesn't replicate this issue... I've gone so fast to the point where my fingertip became numb... LMAO

Your numb became thumb? :D

Couldn't this be a math problem in the angle calculation due to the different aspect ratio of the iDevice? If that's the case, an iOS update should fix it.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Could not reproduce this problem on my phone, am I doing something wrong? :p

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
It has been of no help because you're talking complete rubbish.

Then keep this in mind if its a tad confusing for you and thank The Stranglers for their 80's single.... Which also echoed similar sentiments extolling the wisdom of not being an iSheep .... Amazing considering it was 30 years earlier, readers ;)

"Fools Rush Out"

Cheers!

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Then keep this in mind if its a tad confusing for you and thank The Stranglers for their 80's single.... Which also echoed similar sentiments extolling the wisdom of not being an iSheep .... Amazing considering it was 30 years earlier, readers ;)

"Fools Rush Out"

Cheers!

Ahh, thats it. Continue to spew out nonsense. Well done.

gsxrq

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2009
Bo'ness, Scotland
it does it in the settings app as well still have a 4s and i noticed when typing messages it is no where near so responsive as 4s. question is are they all like it or are some ok the message thing had been bugging me since i got it but
love the speed and faster wifi
if its found to be only some phones it will be going back

dezeeb

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester, UK
I've just done this with mine and it does the same. I think it's due to some kind of "touch-counter", a counter which seems to top out after you've moved the same finger around on the screen for a long time without breaking contact.

If I do this with a single finger until it stops responding, but then use a second finger (whilst leaving the first one in contact with the screen), the second finger is responded to and the first is ignored.

If you then repeat the rapid motion with the second finger, it too seems to reach the limit of it's 'counter' and also stops responding.

You can then repeat with a third finger etc...

In light of this I'm thinking it's a software issue and not hardware.

By the way, I now have cramp in my hand :eek:

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
It may not be a problem with most users but its ridiculous when people think its a non-issue for everyone and asks "who would scroll like that?".

I encountered this issue by just regular scrolling because even if you think your scrolls are strictly horizontal, they're not and there's usually a bit of angle to a swipe.

jdegid

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Since I typically don't try to masturbate my iPhone 5
I see this as a non-issue
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.