Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
just a heads up. its in the target ad.. i know i got mine when it was a $40 giftcard so ill be doing a return/rebuy.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
just a heads up. its in the target ad.. i know i got mine when it was a $40 giftcard so ill be doing a return/rebuy.

Wow - you would:
Back up your iPad
Reset it
Put it back in the box with the accessories
Drive to Target
Negotiate the Black Friday crowds and possibility they won't have it in stock when you arrive
If purchased, restore from iCloud and possibly have to sync from iTunes

For $20 difference?
Or are you talking about asking for a price match where they would just refund you the difference?

jcr918

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
This is a awesome deal if they have the 32gb LTE model I am doing this

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Wow - you would:
Back up your iPad
Reset it
Put it back in the box with the accessories
Drive to Target
Negotiate the Black Friday crowds and possibility they won't have it in stock when you arrive
If purchased, restore from iCloud and possibly have to sync from iTunes

For $20 difference?
Or are you talking about asking for a price match where they would just refund you the difference?

I'm going to leave that up to them.. I can either just get the difference or they can be stuck with an open box item. I don't restore from iCloud, and all of the accessories never came out of the box so it's really not that big of a deal. Plus sorta want white anyways so we will see what they do.

gordonnay

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2010
Glasgow
How does the gift card work? Im a Brit and going to be in USA over Thanksgiving for work and was planning to get the iPad 4, can you use the card right away off the iPad or is it for another date etc.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
How does the gift card work? Im a Brit and going to be in USA over Thanksgiving for work and was planning to get the iPad 4, can you use the card right away off the iPad or is it for another date etc.

They sell you the iPad and the giftcard for the total price of the iPad. You can only spend the gift card on the next purchase.

But you can use it for a smart cover or something.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
So if you use target redcard you get 5% off + $60 gc= $475? If so im buying

Probably... unless the 5% doesn't work on Apple products. I know when Best Buy used to mail out 10% OFF coupons to me for being an RZ member I couldn't use them on Apple or Sony Products (amongst some other products I don't recall)

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
Probably... unless the 5% doesn't work on Apple products. I know when Best Buy used to mail out 10% OFF coupons to me for being an RZ member I couldn't use them on Apple or Sony Products (amongst some other products I don't recall)

Yep the 5% is off everything. I wonder if you get the $60 gc for the $399 ipad2? If so i might grab one as a gift for family. $380 +$60 gc and free shipping

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
More then likely in store only. Yes you can use the red card for 5% off. I wish they didn't require blank checks for the red card debit

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Just an FYI: they DO return the blank check to you, right after you're done signing up.

i dont have any blank checks, thats my issue... i dont use checks and i have no idea where my starter checks are.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I'm going to leave that up to them.. I can either just get the difference or they can be stuck with an open box item. I don't restore from iCloud, and all of the accessories never came out of the box so it's really not that big of a deal. Plus sorta want white anyways so we will see what they do.

leave that up to them? as if it's their fault? how ridiculous. all for $20.

go in the middle of the night, get trampled by crazy people, give target the finger all for $20. how sad!

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
i dont have any blank checks, thats my issue... i dont use checks and i have no idea where my starter checks are.

I see.

I didn't ask this, because I was able find a blank check, but is there any reason why they need a physical blank check instead of your bank account's routing (ABA?) and account numbers? I can't imagine a good reason; like I said, they gave it back after getting whatever information off of it they needed.

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010

sorry unacceptable. This offer is only for US CITIZENS and you will need your US PASSPORT when you line up. They will register with the ICE and INS to make sure you are not on a no fly list or deport list. You will have to use your fingerprint upon checkout and the ipad will only activate once you input your social. GAME OVER BRAH

token787

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
I would try to get the difference in money back. Most likely they will have 5 in stock with a thousand people in line trying to get the same deal.

ChihuahuaAttack

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
sorry unacceptable. This offer is only for US CITIZENS and you will need your US PASSPORT when you line up. They will register with the ICE and INS to make sure you are not on a no fly list or deport list. You will have to use your fingerprint upon checkout and the ipad will only activate once you input your social. GAME OVER BRAH

I just had to register just to reply to the above posting. Any consumer can buy from Target or any store for that matter as long as you pay in US dollars or a credit card (a form of ID is usually asked when using a credit card, a foreign passport is totally acceptable). This offer is not just for US citizens. US permanent residents and any foreigners who happen to travel to the US at the time the promotion is taking place are eligible. No fingerprint scan, no need for SSN, nothing like that!

When you buy any piece of electronics in the US and then travel with it back to Europe, Asia, or wherever, you will be asked to complete a custom declaration form. You need to tell customs what products you are having in your luggage, their value and whatnot. Based on that, you might be asked to pay customs taxes that are applicable to you (this varies by country). That's it. This whole process is totally legal and straightforward. Hope this helps.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
I just had to register just to reply to the above posting. Any consumer can buy from Target or any store for that matter as long as you pay in US dollars or a credit card (a form of ID is usually asked when using a credit card, a foreign passport is totally acceptable). This offer is not just for US citizens. US permanent residents and any foreigners who happen to travel to the US at the time the promotion is taking place are eligible. No fingerprint scan, no need for SSN, nothing like that!

When you buy any piece of electronics in the US and then travel with it back to Europe, Asia, or wherever, you will be asked to complete a custom declaration form. You need to tell customs what products you are having in your luggage, their value and whatnot. Based on that, you might be asked to pay customs taxes that are applicable to you (this varies by country). That's it. This whole process is totally legal and straightforward. Hope this helps.

He's just trying to be sarcastic/funny, but he doesn't seem to understand how sarcasm or humor works.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
I just bought a refurb iPad 3 last week. Can't decide if I should return it and try to get the 4 from target.

drka0tic

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
NYC
I was still unsure on whether to get the mini or the 4, but if I can get the 4 for $415, it's a no-brainer.

Does everyone think these will sell out very fast? I'm sure they have plenty of stock at the moment.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I just bought a refurb iPad 3 last week. Can't decide if I should return it and try to get the 4 from target.

For base 16gb iPad 3 $379

Vs $499-$60 gift card for iPad 4 ($440).

$60 difference.

I would go with iPad 4.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
For base 16gb iPad 3 $379

Vs $499-$60 gift card for iPad 4 ($440).

$60 difference.

I would go with iPad 4.

That's what I thought...I actually have the 32GB, so I'd go for that, but the math is the same....
I have until Jan 9, 2013 to return my refurb so hopefully I can get in on this Target deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.