Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drask

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Whenever I use the gesture back in my rMBP on safari, the pages keep reloading, this is extremely annoying to the point I would rather use another browser such as chrome.

The bad thing is chrome isn't as smooth as safari in the rMBP, is there any fix around this?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
happening here too, and most noticeable...on macrumors forums. if i see 7 new posts, visit one, and go back...the page reloads, and the other new posts are no longer bolded.

been happening for a while... :(

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Yep, same here. It's annoying, I wonder if there's a solution?

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
They assume your internet connection if fast enough you won't notice the reapid reload in the background. When it is, it woks great, however with slower connections this concept kinda falls apart. It's not extremely annoying to me, bu I see your point.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
It's super annoying when searching for images in google, clicking one, then going back to wait for the search page to reload. I'm switching to Firefox or Chrome.. until I forget about this issue and switch back to Safari. Then the entire pattern will repeat :)

zeeklancer

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2008
Although I am sure Apple could change how the browser works, but they won't likely. It appears that Apple is following caching standards and Macrumors is not (along with many other sites).

You can check out reddit.com and find that going back and forth correctly. They proper report caching stats and if the page has actually changed though...

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
It's super annoying when searching for images in google, clicking one, then going back to wait for the search page to reload. I'm switching to Firefox or Chrome.. until I forget about this issue and switch back to Safari. Then the entire pattern will repeat :)

This was the main reason I switched to Firefox from Safari 5. When Safari 6 came out I tried it again, but after awhile I went back to Firefox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.