Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Hey guys,

Hope all is well today. Last Xmas I bought my mom a toshiba thrive wifi only 8 GB tablet. She likes it. But gets a little discouraged that I have an iPad 3. I paid about 350 for her Toshiba. I was wondering if you think I could get about 200-250 for it in on eBay and thus by her a 16 gb iPad mini. She tends to like her iPod touch a lot. And sometimes even plays on my iPad.

What do u guys think? Thanks in advance for the comments!!

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
If she's using your iPad instead of her own tablet, that's a pretty good sign. I'd say go for it.

Unfortunately you probably won't get much money for the Toshiba. The preferred tablets seem to be from Samsung and Google.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
I bought a 7" Galaxy Tab plus a few months back to complement the iPad 3 to take on the go, also had a Nexus 7 before that. Got the Mini on launch day and sold the Galaxy. I've tried Android for few months, even sold my iPhone for the Galaxy S3. I just did not enjoy the Android experience. I imagine your mom will enjoy the iPad more than the Toshiba. The only problem is you'll likely take quite a bit of a loss selling it.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Also just sold my Samsung Galaxy tab 7".....I used it for watching movies only...liked some things, volume control swipe up and down and rewind swipe left etc....but I didn't like Android, typing/editing was a pain, and the "buy me!" Google adverts were a pain.

Can't wait for a cellular mini!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Huh? There are lots of us who own Android tablets as well as iPads, so speak for yourself.

Of course, I own an Android tablet myself. But asking about how much an Android tablet on an iPad related forum, is like asking how much a Windows based laptop is worth in a MacBook Pro forum. It would have been better in the Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices area.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Hey guys,

Hope all is well today. Last Xmas I bought my mom a toshiba thrive wifi only 8 GB tablet. She likes it. But gets a little discouraged that I have an iPad 3. I paid about 350 for her Toshiba. I was wondering if you think I could get about 200-250 for it in on eBay and thus by her a 16 gb iPad mini. She tends to like her iPod touch a lot. And sometimes even plays on my iPad.

What do u guys think? Thanks in advance for the comments!!

Without a doubt that would be the way to go. Chalk the Thrive up to poor decision making, learn from it and move forward. :)

I really don't get that with you having a Macbook, iPhone, Ipad and her having an Touch, and you go and buy her a Thrive? Really?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.