Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caughtintheweb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Hi All,

I wanted to know if I should wait till black friday to buy an ipad 4. Does apple usually have black friday sales.

Thanks

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Hi All,

I wanted to know if I should wait till black friday to buy an ipad 4. Does apple usually have black friday sales.

Thanks

Yeah, what mcdj is true. They do have black friday sales, but it's just extra cash for the week in your pocket. With Christmas shopping starting the week afterwards, they don't want people buying loads of machines to offload on eBay for extra cash I think.

This was last year's:

http://mashable.com/2011/11/25/apple-black-friday-2/

caughtintheweb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Yeah, what mcdj is true. They do have black friday sales, but it's just extra cash for the week in your pocket. With Christmas shopping starting the week afterwards, they don't want people buying loads of machines to offload on eBay for extra cash I think.

This was last year's:

http://mashable.com/2011/11/25/apple-black-friday-2/

$41 is not much, but i can as well wait since my ipad is not expected before 23rd.

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
I'd say the $101 discount is pretty big for the Mac. Would drop the 1200 price to 1000 with the education discount (1050 for MBA).

Do you know if it definitely goes on top of the education discount? I was wondering that because I'm waiting for Black Friday to see the discounts on MacBooks, as I'll be buying one soon.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Black Friday...

Does anyone remember what if at discounts apple gave last year for iPads on Black Friday? I'm trying to decide if I should order our 3 iPad minis now or after thanksgiving. I know apple doesn't usually do much... But savings are nice;).

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Does anyone remember what if at discounts apple gave last year for iPads on Black Friday? I'm trying to decide if I should order our 3 iPad minis now or after thanksgiving. I know apple doesn't usually do much... But savings is nice;).

savings ARE nice...

drambuie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Last year the 64GB 3G iPad 2 was $61 off at the Apple Retail store on Black Friday. Macs were $101 off. What's with the $1?

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Do you know if it definitely goes on top of the education discount? I was wondering that because I'm waiting for Black Friday to see the discounts on MacBooks, as I'll be buying one soon.

I'm honestly not sure.. Sorry. But it probably will work on top as the education discount is for students and Black Friday discounts are for everyone, technically speaking. Call up Apple to make sure. That's all I can suggest as I have never purchased one in this scenario :/

davey1107

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
apple black friday 2012

Apple has not yet released its black friday 2012 ad.

Over the past three years, they have stuck with a similar sales model. They reduce prices on a select number of items by 2-5% of the normal price. These will be older models with overstock or decent inventory supplies. For example, last year there was a discount on iPad 2, but the model had been out awhile and inventory was good. iPad 4 and iPad Mini stocks are low, so its unknown if the discounts will carry over.

Last year - $41-$64 off iPads, $2-$10 off ipod, up to $101 off certain Mac systems.

This year Best Buy ad - already leaked - $50 gift card w/ upper end ipods, $20 gift card w/ Nano, $40-$60 off iPads (no Mini on current ad), $150-$175 off Macbook Air and Pro,

WalMart - leaked - $75 gift card with iPad 2 purchase (yee-flipping-haw)

Target - leaked - $60 gift card with "iPad with retina display" (3 or 4? unknown). $20 gift card w/Nano.

Kmart - leaked - no Apple products

Amazon - ad not out yet, but let's assume they're so in love with apple this year that they'll offer some stellar deals...like maybe putting back the product page for the iPads, or stop redirecting iPad searches to their stupid Kindles. Like...hello? I ordered steak, why do you keep bringing that nasty plate of chili dogs over here??

EricByer

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2012
I doubt Apple will offer any discount on the iPad Mini. If by some odd chance they do, I imagine the 'savings' would be the equivalent to the discounts given on iPod Touch's (given they fall in the same price range) (ie- hardly a discount at all).

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Dont wait for Apple's black Friday as its not a good deal as nothing you really want will be discounted much....certainly no more that VARs.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
That's what I was thinking. I figure they won't give much if anything off the mini. I want to have our order in hand long before Christmas so I know there won't be any disappointment come Xmas morning! Guess I will order now.
Thanks!

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2009

Hm, I looked at the WalMart Black Friday ad, and I did not see this mentioned at all. Can you link me to where you saw this?

Also, can you clarify a few other things for me?

-Are there limits to how many iPad 2s you can buy with this deal?
-Can you return the GC without having to return the iPad?

Thanks.

Rangomango

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Apple has not yet released its black friday 2012 ad.

Over the past three years, they have stuck with a similar sales model. They reduce prices on a select number of items by 2-5% of the normal price. These will be older models with overstock or decent inventory supplies. For example, last year there was a discount on iPad 2, but the model had been out awhile and inventory was good. iPad 4 and iPad Mini stocks are low, so its unknown if the discounts will carry over.

Last year - $41-$64 off iPads, $2-$10 off ipod, up to $101 off certain Mac systems.

This year Best Buy ad - already leaked - $50 gift card w/ upper end ipods, $20 gift card w/ Nano, $40-$60 off iPads (no Mini on current ad), $150-$175 off Macbook Air and Pro,

Target - leaked - $60 gift card with "iPad with retina display" (3 or 4? unknown). $20 gift card w/Nano.

Kmart - leaked - no Apple products

Amazon - ad not out yet, but let's assume they're so in love with apple this year that they'll offer some stellar deals...like maybe putting back the product page for the iPads, or stop redirecting iPad searches to their stupid Kindles. Like...hello? I ordered steak, why do you keep bringing that nasty plate of chili dogs over here??

Where do you see the ipad deal at best buy? I checked their leaked ad but didnt see anything. Maybe I missed it?

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Hm, I looked at the WalMart Black Friday ad, and I did not see this mentioned at all. Can you link me to where you saw this?

Also, can you clarify a few other things for me?

-Are there limits to how many iPad 2s you can buy with this deal?
-Can you return the GC without having to return the iPad?

Thanks.

No, when you get a gift card with a purchase you cannot turn around and return the gift card.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I'd say the $101 discount is pretty big for the Mac. Would drop the 1200 price to 1000 with the education discount (1050 for MBA).

They don't stack, which is why people say "whoop-de-doo, $1 discount" - since the $101 off - $100 already off in edu pricing = $1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.