Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I feel bad for her, but she really doesn't have anyone to blame but herself.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Well, you can't place the entire blame on her. Some of these con artist are persistent and are strangely charismatic. Years ago, my boss go scammed into paying $200 for a supposedly $600 camcorder. It turned out to be one of those $10 toy in a fancy camcorder case. Fortunately for me, I'm poor and have high resistance to charismatic types.

They usually work in pairs, a talker and a lookout. The lookout never says a word, but was surreptitiously attentive of the surrounding. The talker had a silver tongue and a voice to rival Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones. The man could sell brass knuckles to Ghandi. He could talk a turtle out of its shell. If he spoke in a coal mine, diamonds would tinkle from the ceiling. He buttered her up like a Sunday roll. She never had a chance.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Scam victim? BS. All i see is a stupid person who attempted to buy a stolen product. No sympathy from me. Why would anyone give you that great of a deal on an $800 product?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm ashamed to say that I found the woman ignorant even after opening the box. She said it looked like an iPad when you turned it over ... ummm no, it did not.

AlyseM

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
he said he learned a valuable lesson and it only cost 200$. :/ Still...

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Another thing is that there is no original iPad package, just a FedEx box she received it in. At least that's what I saw in the video.

- $800 iPad for $200.
- Random dude on the street.
- No Apple packaging; FedEx box.

How does that not sound off the scam alarm? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.