Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
4D0E87B1-7D07-4479-8148-EDCF3F3A964C-14786-000005A3AB769BA6.jpg

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Well, I don't have a screenshot (hint hint) of my iPad 3's usage, but at one point I had it at 36%, 15 hours usage and 12 days standby. I pretty much stopped using my iPad around that time (so, anyone in Australia want to buy it off me ;) )

Sep 10, 2012
My eyes are quite bad so I need it bright :)

... check this out, it's excellent!

[someone is moaning at me for not explaining what the link is about, so here we go!]

Basically it allows you to increase/decrease text size in Sarari web pages, on the fly.

You simply drag two small links to your Safari bookmarks bar on your Mac/PC, sync across your devices via iCloud, then you can tap on the links to either increase or decrease font sizes on screen.

Really useful for reading in portrait.

http://marcos.kirsch.com.mx/2012/04/29/font-size-bookmarklets/

Last edited:

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Cheers, text isn't too bad actually just can't stand dark screens as I find it hard to see everything ha. Good site though :)

LucasLee

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
From the photo, you have a yellow tint on the screen, if it was me, i probably returned it already for a replacement.

Device when they are new are at 100% condition, the real test is when you've used you device for a while. Generally iPad battery are more durable, because they have a bigger battery, iPod touch seem to do the worst, as they have smaller battery with similar power drain to a iPhone.

Sep 10, 2012
From the photo, you have a yellow tint on the screen, if it was me, i probably returned it already for a replacement.

Device when they are new are at 100% condition, the real test is when you've used you device for a while. Generally iPad battery are more durable, because they have a bigger battery, iPod touch seem to do the worst, as they have smaller battery with similar power drain to a iPhone.

... my new 4th gen that I picked up today (white) has a bit of a yellow tint, but I prefer that to a blue (cold) tint.

I'm actually going to buy another one next week from a different Apple Store to compare, then keep the best one.

Too many times I've returned one, only to end up getting a worse one and wishing I'd kept the original one!

I believe the screens on these 4th gens are from LG, whereas in the 3rd gen they were Samsung.

Samsung screens are definitely the better of the two ... all day long.

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010

Nah. Looks great to me. Not going to start the return train ha. I can understand the people that want to. But mine looks perfectly fine to me. I'm a happy camper :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.