Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
After 4 calls and no luck the 5th call the nice lady changed it and charged me for overnight 12 dollars. Now it says 16!!! Keep trying guys I thought it wasn't going to be possible but after several calls they actually changed it. I said I was going on a trip on the 17 and I needed the iPad mini.

rufinatti

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
ugh!!

I had a representative upgrade my order to overnight with delivery before noon about an hour ago. The website was even updated to reflect the same. But I just got notified that my order was put back to regular shipping so that my order wouldn't be cancelled.

Frustrating.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Missed the point again. I was trying to say that no promises were ever made that the product wouldn't be available earlier in retail stores. But really, I don't know why I bother posting in Internet forums. Your opinion or my opinion are not worth anything, you won't help me and I won't help you, so this is just a waste of time.
Yeah, I am kinda new to the "ecosystem". I was not an early adopter, only bought my first Mac in 2001. Apple II doesn't count, right? Sorry to jump so late in the band wagon.
Enjoy your iPad mini and all your Apple knowledge.

Wow, angry much? Seriously. If you don't think history at Apple says "preorders USUALLY get them on or before store sale availability" then you clearly haven't been around for many launches. Typically the reason people preorder is to get them on launch\availability day at home instead of in-store.

jaisonline

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
yes, applecare+ covers it but there;s a $50 fee to replace items broken by consumers. some ipad and iphones can be covered by regular applecare; these can not be replaced when broken by the consumer (unless you get a very cool genius rep).

The sales rep at the Apple store told me that AppleCare DOES cover screen breakage.

That's the only reason I paid $99 for it.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
After 5 calls I did it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 91

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
So yesterday when i called they moved my shipping to the 16th and next day,
This morning i checked and they moved it too Delivers
Nov 21 via Next Day Shipping, before noon.
So i called and yelled because i am really flying on the 20th
for about 2 weeks.
So they gave me free stuff that i dont cancel the iPad mini cover credit
to show in 3 to 5 days. Also now a free pair of ear pods

Question anyone with a Verizon iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular 64GB - White & Silver
have a 16th shipped date? or it just AT&T?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 11.47.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 11.47.48 PM.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 67

bbydon

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
ATL
Hm. Not really familiar with cc protection. Not even sure what I'd be asking them for. Would they reverse the charge and then I'd stick best buy with this broken iPad? That wouldn't be right... Or would they somehow help to cover the $219? Curious.

A lot of credit cards have 90 day accidental coverage on things.... its worth investigating

AzN1337c0d3r

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2010
1st call. Explained to rep that I wanted to upgrade to overnight shipping. She said it would be extra $12. I said fine and she upgraded it. Now it says delivery on the 16. But there appears to be no charge according to the website.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
1st call. Explained to rep that I wanted to upgrade to overnight shipping. She said it would be extra $12. I said fine and she upgraded it. Now it says delivery on the 16. But there appears to be no charge according to the website.

check your credit card - i'm sure it will show up within 1-3 business days

rufinatti

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Congrats to all of you who have been able to get your shipping dates moved up.

No such luck for me, though. I just placed my 6th call today and have had no success. I'm being told there is nothing that they can do and that orders are being shipped in the order they were received.

That last bit of news really frustrates me because I know I must have been one of the first orders since I used the iPhone app for theApple Store at 11:58 P.M. and had my order placed before the online web-store was even opened.

grrr......

utbaseball30

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2008
Miami, Fl
Just got my date changed. Called in once, was super polite. Told the rep I was leaving town on the 18th and my boss called in and had his date changed. Put me on hold, and dates were changed immediately for both my mini and ipad.

----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
3rd Time is a Charm

Just called for the 3rd time - spoke to the CSR and told them that I wasn't expecting the iPad 4 to be delivered the day after Thanksgiving. I asked if I could pay to expedite the shipping since I would be away for 5 days

The CSR said there was no need to worry, he expedited the shipping to next day free of charge. I was shocked it was free and thanked him for the shipping upgrade. He said no problem. Perhaps now they have an official policy.

Below is a screen shot of the revised order status - no one here can accuse me of photo-shopping since I've been extremely vocal on this thread about my disappointing results of having called in twice already and been denied (even offering to pay).

I recommend people to call tonight if they have been having trouble the past couple of days. It seems they are being more lenient now.

Attachments

• revised iPad 4 shipment update.jpg
    revised iPad 4 shipment update.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Ayezh

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
Hello everyone. It will be my first time to order at the Apple Store and I just want to clarify some issues:

A. What does it mean Ships in 5 days? Shipping from where? From a China Factory? or Ships to your address?

B. Apple states in their Payment Policies that your Credit Card will be charged when the item has shipped. Meaning? When the item is being shipped to your address or when the item is being shipped from China factory to US?

Thanks.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Hello everyone. It will be my first time to order at the Apple Store and I just want to clarify some issues:

A. What does it mean Ships in 5 days? Shipping from where? From a China Factory? or Ships to your address?

B. Apple states in their Payment Policies that your Credit Card will be charged when the item has shipped. Meaning? When the item is being shipped to your address or when the item is being shipped from China factory to US?

Thanks.

A) In 5 business days, the iPad will leave China and be on its way towards your address. Standard shipping is ~ 3-5 business days

B) Your credit card will be charged when the item leaves the factory in China

wrongcoast

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2009
LA
Bummer

I ordered my iPad 4 within 15 minutes of it going live online. After having my delivery date originally set for Nov. 19, I got Apple to move it up to Nov. 16. Today I checked my acct. and saw it had been moved back to Nov. 21!! WTH?? Okay, so they offered my a free cover. I don't care about a cover. I want the unit next week. Now I have to wait nearly 2 more. :mad: I realize in the bigger picture, boo hoo but still...........

Last edited:

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
My iPad 4th gen is preparing for shipping before my iPad mini,
i order on the Oct. 26th lol
Also i just placed the order on the Nov 8th for iPad 4th

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 11.53.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 11.53.43 PM.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 66

Elcuria

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
I ordered my iPad 4 within 15 minutes of it going live online. After having my delivery date originally set for Nov. 19, I got Apple to move it up to Nov. 16. Today I checked my acct. and saw it had been moved back to Nov. 21!! WTH?? Okay, so they offered my a free cover. I don't care about a cover. I want the unit next week. Now I have to wait nearly 2 more. :mad: I realize in the bigger picture, boo hoo but still...........

Essentially the same thing here. Have the screen shot where the delivery date shows up as November 16, but when I went to place an order for something else, checked the iPad Mini order and it again shows November 21.

A call to Apple indicated that even though the order status was updated to the 16th, the ordering system later adjusted that date based on such strong demand for the product.

The Apple rep provided a gift coupon which was unexpected and appreciated for the confusion on the delivery date.

I do wonder about the e-mail I got on November 8, which said the iPad Mini order would be shipping in the next five business days. That would mean the order should ship by November 13 and if so, would be in transit for nine days for delivery by November 21.

But, no worries!

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Changed Again

Ok, so despite the CSR saying that it would deliver on Nov 16 now it has been pushed back to Nov 21. Back to square one. I told the CSR that right around Thanksgiving was no good for me (whether a day before or a day after) due to my travel plans and that FedEx will be leaving packages right and left in front of door steps without signatures as they always do during the holiday time to meet their timing quotas. I am not about to let FedEx leave $900 of technology outside on my porch for 5 nights in 40F weather.

I will call up Apple tonight and see what I can make of this. See my below screen shot for the update (compared to the above one for the Nov 16 date).

I don't get what is going on here...

Attachments

• revised iPad 4 shipment update (update 2).jpg
    revised iPad 4 shipment update (update 2).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 102
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.