Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
60 day no questions asked return as a silver member, six months to pay, about $50 off with coupons. No brainer.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
60 day no questions asked return as a silver member, six months to pay, about $50 off with coupons. No brainer.

$50 off? Oh you mean RZ coupons. I did the same thing but I picked up a Mac Mini and a 200 dollar 24 inch Dell monitor.

18 mo financing, 60 day return policy as a silver member and got a new card that says I'll get $25 in RZ coupons on top of the $55 I'll be getting for spending $1400.

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
Hmm... 18 months to pay. Triple Reward Zone member points. That's 3,449 points. That's about $70 in certificates. I purchased 2 iPad mini 64 GB model with accessories. I can return it by 01.24.2013. It's there holiday policy.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I had purchased at 16GB from Apple to get it sooner, because I was not sure Best Buy would even have any stock. But after having it for a full day, I decided I wanted a 32GB. So, I by chance went to Best Buy and they had them in stock, so I purchased one. Returned the one I purchased from Apple. But I was also able to return an iPod Touch which I had purchased from Best Buy as well. So, in the long run buying the iPad Mini saved me money. Mini works great in my car and I can even control the music app and Pandora via the head unit. It works great for taking with me on the road to do things I would have normally done on my larger iPad. No point in having both and iPod Touch and iPad Mini.

Love the iPad Mini by the way...

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I wasn't going to get a mini. Last .Friday morning I changed my mind walked into local Best Buy -no lines had what I wanted and walked out in 10 minutes with this device.

Bakari45

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I didn't buy my Best Buy, but I do shop there a lot. Besides RadioShack, it is only electronics store left near where I live. I noticed that Best Buy is trying to stay competitive with Amazon.com and other online stores.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I got mine from Best Buy because it was basically free since it was paid for with gift cards given to me as compensation for a Best Buy snafu. I also get 60 days and will probably exchange for LTE and pay the difference. I used a 3x RZ coupon so that will get me back about $20 in RZ certs.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I got mine from Best Buy because it was basically free since it was paid for with gift cards given to me as compensation for a Best Buy snafu. I also get 60 days and will probably exchange for LTE and pay the difference. I used a 3x RZ coupon so that will get me back about $20 in RZ certs.

You don't earn points when you pay with gift cards.

CaneCollegeboy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2003
They had what i wanted in stock, I could use some reward zone points so it was basically a free upgrade from 32 to 64 for me. Triple points, 60 days no question return thanks to being a silver member. The only things to watch out for is there warranty which is a rip off ( in everything else there warranty rocks) 100 dollars for one year, instead just take your ipad to the apple store so they can check it out and get apple care there. 100 dollars for two years. The only issue for me is if i want to keep my mini which i will decide after playing around with my ipad this weekend. The sales person even told me i can return it for a smaller cheaper capacity if i wanted when they have them in stock. Best buy is highly recommended.

buckstah

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
I got mine at Best Buy for a few reasons

- Premier Silver Member (Get extra points)
- Had a 3x Points Card for Reward Zone
- 5% Cash Back on my Chase Card when buying from Best Buy this quarter.
- Got an open box 32GB for 400.99.

I should basically get about 50$ back from buying at Best Buy!

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
I purchased mine at bb because of the 3x reward points (plus an extra 25% for silver). I also get 5% cash back from my chase freedom card this quarter. That's almost $30. I also had 2 free $5 Rz certificates (they showed up in my account, I didnt earn them through purchases.)

The 60 day return and price match policy is nice.

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
I did, like others in this thread I got a significant discount because of Reward Zone certificates, and Best Buy was the only place locally that had one on launch day. I broke down and finally decided to buy a mini on launch day, even though I avoided the temptation of pre-ordering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.