Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alpdemet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Hello,

There is an issue which I wonder to solve a lot. There are some people on my iphone contact list whom I don't want them to see that I am using Instagram and I want to hide my profile from them. Besides, when they make a contact list search from their iphones/instagram accounts, I don't want them to see me.

Is there any solution available for me?

Thank you in advance

alpdemet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
I don't know if they are using inst or not. My profile is already private. I also can open a second inst. acc. but the problem is, as it will be used on the same phone, it will be published to the ones that I am on their phone contacts list.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I think there is a misunderstanding here. When you post images to Instagram, only people that follow you on Instagram will see those photos. The people in your iPhones contact list wouldn't even know that you use Instagram and therefore have no way of seeing your photos.

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
The people in your iPhones contact list wouldn't even know that you use Instagram and therefore have no way of seeing your photos.

Instagram lets you find friends from their address book. If OP is in the Address book of those he does not want to find him, and has some of that information (phone number, facebook, email) tied to his instagram they can find them.

alpdemet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Thanks to all helpers. I think best way: to open a second inst acc and not to tie to facebook, not to use daily/regular email acc. and not to put phone no on it. What do you thinks? Thnk u in adv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.